ReCom.org
ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

Anybody go ice skating here?

senksiang90 Male

#11 Old 29-12-2009 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

LOL. My first skating experience ended with 15 falls but it was worth it cuz I can skate without falling down anymore now. LOL. Most important thing i guess is balance. And skate following a v-shape motion. To brake, juz tilt your skates a little but I find it rather annoying some of these skaters skating so fast and braking so hard that it causes the ice around to be rough and harder to skate.

But best part for me is when I bring ... someone I ... to skate and it was awesome!! LOL. So, guys, learning to ice skate is important!!! next time bring ur girl to go skate and u'll be one happy person at the end of the day.

**Best tip, try going on roller skates first on the road to get the hang of the right balance thingy.. Good roller skaters prove to be quite a good ice-skater too..
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#12 Old 29-12-2009 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
LOL. My first skating experience ended with 15 falls but it was worth it cuz I can skate without falling down anymore now. LOL. Most important thing i guess is balance. And skate following a v-shape motion. To brake, juz tilt your skates a little but I find it rather annoying some of these skaters skating so fast and braking so hard that it causes the ice around to be rough and harder to skate.

But best part for me is when I bring ... someone I ... to skate and it was awesome!! LOL. So, guys, learning to ice skate is important!!! next time bring ur girl to go skate and u'll be one happy person at the end of the day.

**Best tip, try going on roller skates first on the road to get the hang of the right balance thingy.. Good roller skaters prove to be quite a good ice-skater too..
Yay...i have hope then....I can roller skate...on cement floor, that is..... I've tried the road...basically when on road is like being on grass.... i don't really move...too much friction...
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male

#13 Old 29-12-2009 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvl View Post
Yay...i have hope then....I can roller skate...on cement floor, that is..... I've tried the road...basically when on road is like being on grass.... i don't really move...too much friction...
LOL. awesome then.. bt i still think that it'll be more ideal if a guy knows how to skate and brings a girl to skate.. that'll be.. so.. korean-dramaish. hahahaha!!!
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#14 Old 29-12-2009 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
LOL. awesome then.. bt i still think that it'll be more ideal if a guy knows how to skate and brings a girl to skate.. that'll be.. so.. korean-dramaish. hahahaha!!!
Haha...imagine the girl turns out to be better skater than guy....but buat tak tau...really so drama
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
wawa Female

#15 Old 30-12-2009 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

There are a couple different ways to 'brake'...you can google youtube and there are video's out there teaching you how to do it.

The ice hockey players brake really fast with the hockey plough....turning on one foot and digging the blade into the ice with the other. Its really cool watching my ice-hockey mates do it (I usually don't dig hard enough and end up doing circles)!
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
alter_ego

#16 Old 05-06-2010 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

Nice thread ! I just went iceskating yesterday and i was really really excited. Haha
Feel free to read my experience here
But still, falling down is inevitable for beginner.

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#17 Old 05-06-2010 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

my first experience of ice skating is 3 years ago(without any fall~). My second and last experience is end of last May, while waiting my brother to have his ASEAN selection tests(end up with 3 falls, fortunately not drench).

when ice melts and the place become wetter, chances of falling down increase drastically...I saw a girl broke her leg and ambulance came in.

#18 Old 05-06-2010 Default Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

WOW kaiyi ! I'm impressed with you. How did you manage that?

And and poor that girl. Yea, it's really dangerous when the ice melts, making the surface become very slippery.

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote