ReCom.org
Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Petronas : Educamp 2012

marczeman Male

#71 Old 22-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

I think just go la to EduCamp. Our ICT grads are very in-demand. Geoscience also la obviously. You won't regret it. And btw if you wanna discuss with others who are going you can check out this thread on lowyat : http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2598491/
Super Junior Member

#72 Old 27-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

I got the invitation letter to educamp in kuching.jan 2013 intake also. but now i'm currently study in kl. can i changed the location? btw, i applied foundation instead of undergraduate since i studied foundation in science instead of foundation in engineering. (latter someone told me i should apply for undergraduate instead of foundation) is it possible to apply to change the course from foundation to undergraduate?

oh ya. forgot to mention another problem:
i put the petroleum geoscience as the first choice but i didn't know that i need to save before summit the application. so it came out that i got the offer for e&e (my previous choice) .is it possible to change the course also?

Last edited by pyramid; 27-11-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
abuzar Male

#73 Old 29-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

Hello people it's been a while!
A Petronas scholar here, currently having my internship at Kerteh, Terengganu.

Anything please ask
abuzar is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Male

#74 Old 29-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzar View Post

Anything please ask
How many petronas scholar grads each year fail to get job with petronas (and have to pay back)?
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#75 Old 29-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

That's not really a statistic that is publicly known. How many Petronas scholars do you think are not hired to work with them?

#76 Old 30-11-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
That's not really a statistic that is publicly known. How many Petronas scholars do you think are not hired to work with them?
Okay yeah that's true. Just hoping for an estimate based on what he's heard. Surely he must've asked the question himself at some point haha.

Anyway the other day at my scholarship briefing they said that almost everyone in the latest batch got hired lol. Projects coming in hard and fast for Petronas apparently. They're on a hiring spree. But a few years ago the figure was at 50%....which is pretty scary tbh. Anyway don't get hired aso, pay back 20% (about 20k), that's all.
Super Junior Member

#77 Old 02-12-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

just curious. what is the exam and interview about in educamp?
is exam concerned with phy,che and maths?
what topic did interviewer usually ask?
pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#78 Old 03-12-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marczeman View Post
Okay yeah that's true. Just hoping for an estimate based on what he's heard. Surely he must've asked the question himself at some point haha.

Anyway the other day at my scholarship briefing they said that almost everyone in the latest batch got hired lol. Projects coming in hard and fast for Petronas apparently. They're on a hiring spree. But a few years ago the figure was at 50%....which is pretty scary tbh. Anyway don't get hired aso, pay back 20% (about 20k), that's all.
"Almost everyone hot hired" is true, but not necessarily in Petronas. And if you think about it, if they don't hire you, then yes, you still have to pay a small fraction of the total expenses that they lavished on you. But you get to bargain for instalments.

#79 Old 21-12-2012 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
"Almost everyone hot hired" is true, but not necessarily in Petronas. And if you think about it, if they don't hire you, then yes, you still have to pay a small fraction of the total expenses that they lavished on you. But you get to bargain for instalments.
that's very true.. and u may end up gaining much more by not working with petronas!! *hint* *Hint*. lol. anyway, yeah, i just reported to petronas but havent called for employment. if i dont get it, i will make a new post on how to get out of petronas. its sure gonna be a great story! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzar View Post

Anything please ask
hey mr abuzar. long time no see. lol. final year soon i presume.

Last edited by senksiang90; 21-12-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
MadBox Female
Super Junior Member

#80 Old 02-01-2013 Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2012

For Educamp year 2012(10-11 Dec 2012),January 2013 intake.
At first,those who accepted the invitation to the educamp were gathered in a room at (Regency Rajah Court Hotel,Kuching,Sarawak) which seated two persons-in-charge to take our attendance.
After that, participants were divided into groups(3 groups for 10 Dec 2012) and were leaded to another room which appeared to be a hall.And there continued the Critical Thinking Test of year 2012.
Each of the group consisted of four participants and were separately given a card : A/B/C/D regarding issues which was closely related to corporation between the governments and company or social responsibilities,profits(sry cant expose too much) .For this session, none of the participants were allowed to brainstorm ideas with the aid of others.
After that, each of the participant was called for personal (1 to 1) interview. The interviewer would judge your responds to the situation in the card given and at the same time the english proficiency test was taken orally,means your fluency is tested while you're conversing with the interviewer.
Later,each group was required to discuss among group members and gave only one conclusion about the four cards .
There the end of the interview and the educamp for 10 Dec 2012 ended at half past eleven morning. Lunch was prepared but some participants chose to return home.
The organizer would tell the participants when will they obtain the reply from university.The university has given what I've applied for and dont ask me what're my 3 choices as I filled three same choices.
P.S. 1)This synopsis is made based on my personal experience as I'm one of the participants .
2) Please forgive my bad English.
3) Forgive the clarity of the synopsis as it was made in a rush.
HOPE this synopsis will be able to help the future applicants .

Last edited by MadBox; 02-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.
MadBox is offline   Reply With Quote