ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education

Education This is the place where we would discuss anything about education issues!!!

Women in Engineering

Chelsea Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#101 Old 07-06-2013 Default Re: Women in Engineering

I want to know how is the job prospect for girls in this industry especially in OnG.
Generally, what kind of job do women engineer take up..I heard of R&D.
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

#102 Old 07-06-2013 Default Re: Women in Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannie View Post
i'm doing chemical engineering! i think most female engineers are either chem engineers or bio/biomed engineers. can't deny that i had a culture shock when i interned in a bank (not only are there so many women, so many of them are hot)! i'm so used to being one of the few females in classes (since a levels especially during physics lessons)
haha.. i gota admit nowdays women are smarter than guys, not to say i disdain my own gender. Those girls that you've mentioned are the ones commonly known as beauty with brains! Not only in BNM, basically if you move around PWC, Mckinsey, Goldman sachs and even khazanah, woah, you are bound to meet alot of these kind of talents.
acgerlok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acgerlok7 For This Useful Post:
wawa Female

#103 Old 24-06-2013 Default Re: Women in Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
haha, so is there any woman working as e&e or petroleum geoscince engineer? i'd like to hear about stories of a woman as the engineers stated above. is there bias towards men no? (no offence) will girls be sexually harassed? (i dislike men making fun of that!)
i'm wondering whether to accept the offer to study e&E at utp. most of my family relative advise me to just stick with medic since they say it's harder to be an employee than a 'boss' yourself (as a doctor and own your own clinic)
I'm E&E, in the R&D sector.

Last edited by wawa; 24-06-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Grammar
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote