ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Scholarship for PHD in Engineering

ckchew8 Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 05-03-2013 Default Scholarship for PHD in Engineering

Hi everyone, was wondering anyone knows any scholarship/sponsorship for overseas universities such as in UK that i can apply to? I've completed my degree with a first class honours from a UK university but unfortunately they do not provide any funding for PHD field which i would like to research in Would like to pursue studies in engineering particularly signal processing. Anyone with any idea please do help!Thanks

Last edited by ckchew8; 05-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.
ckchew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sillyboy Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 05-03-2013 Default Re: Scholarship for PHD in Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchew8 View Post
Hi everyone, was wondering anyone knows any scholarship/sponsorship for overseas universities such as in UK that i can apply to? I've completed my degree with a first class honours from a UK university but unfortunately they do not provide any funding for PHD field which i would like to research in Would like to pursue studies in engineering particularly signal processing. Anyone with any idea please do help!Thanks
Congratulations on getting a 1st Class Honours for your degree! You can definitely try your luck at Imperial College though having studied in the UK myself, you and I both know how difficult it is to secure a fully-funded PhD position, especially for us international students.
Sillyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
wawa Female

#3 Old 07-03-2013 Default Re: Scholarship for PHD in Engineering

You'd probably have better luck trying for US universities.
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#4 Old 09-03-2013 Default Re: Scholarship for PHD in Engineering

A-STAR Graduate Scholarship is offered by Singapore for students who wish to pursue their PhD in the areas of science and technology. It is only for prospective PhD students, and only non-Singaporeans are eligible for that scholarship. If successful, you will have a scholarship to pursue your PhD in either NUS or NTU for four years. Check it out for more details! Also, deadlines are near.