ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Bahasa Arab/mandarin/hindi

PJKru

#1 Old 20-09-2005 Default Bahasa Arab/mandarin/hindi

forget this post. its pointless dude.
PJKru is offline   Reply With Quote
sabishii
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 21-09-2005 Default

are you referring to teaching the kids at primary school or what? i thought they already had a system of teaching the kids arabic when you're doing religion studies at school? i did pendidikan moral, so i have no idea about whatsoever is going on there.
sabishii is offline   Reply With Quote
PJKru

#3 Old 21-09-2005 Default

i know lots of malays that can read arabic. almost most malays in fact but i havent met too many that can speak arabic fluently. Anyway do they learn arabic in school or what?
sabishii
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 21-09-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJKru
i know lots of malays that can read arabic. almost most malays in fact but i havent met too many that can speak arabic fluently. Anyway do they learn arabic in school or what?
whatever
sabishii is offline   Reply With Quote
shimania
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 22-09-2005 Default

Many Malaysians more or less know a bit of Arabic, as they learn from skool. But to speak fluently is totally another game as there's no environment to practise it here.

As for Chinese and Tamil, apart from SJKCs and SJKTs they are also being offered in selected SKs and SMKs. But thanks to racist mentality which we have plenty, a lot of things decided at policy level are not implemented effectively by the lower ranks.

#6 Old 22-09-2005 Default

sabasshi. boredom makes me write some funny right. hahah.
raihhh
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 25-09-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimania
Many Malaysians more or less know a bit of Arabic, as they learn from skool. But to speak fluently is totally another game as there's no environment to practise it here.
this is obvious. i agree.