ReCom.org
Explore The World This is an SIG for ReCom Members who like traveling or enjoy reading about others' traveling. This will be the place for us to share our wonderful holidays, trips, as well as recommend fantastic holiday destinations to others!!!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

shakira
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 14-04-2008 Default Dubai, United Arab Emirates

My vacation to Dubai is an experience i will nvr forget... It's a muslim country and yes you can see the various arabs in their burqahs.. However, I didnt feel left out. The arabs as you would probably know are RICH! There is a mall called Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall. The architecture of the place is simply AMAZING! They divide the mall to a certain number and the architecture is concentrated on a country like China, Yamen, Morroco.... And at each and every corner there was a starbucks. thats not the suprising part yet... It was all full!!! Kids there had the latest gadgets... There was also the jewellery centre. I was really suprised to see this part of Dubai. Because they did not have guards or steel cages or wtv we have here. All the gold were just left open. Nobody dared to steal because they practice the islamic law there and accordin to the islamic law, any thief young or old will have their hand amputated. So, nobody dared to steal. I also visited the BURJ AL-Arab which is known as the best hotel in the world! Per night there is i think a few thousand ringgits.. Which of course i didnt stay there..lol.. my parents would have been out of their mind to spend that much on a night in a hotel. but just visiting it alone was splendid. then we toured the beach side n had a glimpse of the jumeirah palm island(it wasnt completed then, 2006) I heard that j.lo and beckham have bought villas there... Owh yeah villas.. Their houses in the city are not normal terrace houses... Its either a bungalow or villa.. You might be thinking that the trip was great but it ended quite badly.. We met in an accident on the day we were coming back.. That's because the roads there are very wide and they drive 130/140km per hour.. EVERYONE!! Our taxi got met with an accident.. we then had to walk to our hotel(it was near the accident site, luckily). I bruised my leg and head.. No blood(if not i would have fainted on the site, hate blood!) Anyway, i try to remember the good times. I had fun!
shakira is offline   Reply With Quote
bluez_aspic
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 15-04-2008 Default

I want to visit Dubai toooo

A city on crack indeed -http://www.dubai-architecture.info/DUB-GAL1.htm
bluez_aspic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluez_aspic For This Useful Post:
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#3 Old 15-04-2008 Default

Good place to visit along with Bahrain & Qatar.
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 15-04-2008 Default

Yeah, they are evolving into beautiful places.. And not many times we see people full of culture and history.
shakira is offline   Reply With Quote
teiya_drumzaddict Female
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 06-06-2008 Default

lol talk about dubai i just love to shop.. OMG... the bargains for leather and fabric are just awesome.. urghh i wanna go there again. LoL
Slightly Senior Member

#6 Old 06-06-2008 Default

united atab emirates?
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syamil_1 View Post
united atab emirates?
lol.. i think she wat she meant was united arab emirates. typing error i guess.. huhu
Slightly Senior Member

#8 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiya_drumzaddict View Post
lol.. i think she wat she meant was united arab emirates. typing error i guess.. huhu

hahaha yeah i know sometimes typo error can make your day =)
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#9 Old 06-06-2008 Default

LOL. Corrected.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
pop Female
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 06-06-2008 Default

i've been to dubai.. in fact i moved there few years back..
living cost there was high i admit. d arabs were not that friendly either. i used to study in a private school there and most of my frens r international students.. the arabs gave me hard times in school(well not all of them, but most of them).. i ve xperienced the 'ribut pasir' in school too n it was a havoc,,,however, dubai s still cool!!
pop is offline   Reply With Quote