ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Jpa 2009

Closed Thread

chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#41 Old 09-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan View Post

Hey, chenchow how about Ukur Batu profession. I'm not very sure about the English term for it though I think it is included in city planning. I'm not joking I really saw when applying last year JPA, profession, I looked down the list and saw Ukur Batu.

I convert it as Quantity Surveyor. It should be Ukur Bahan, not Ukur Batu... Not sure whether my translation is right or wrong.
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#42 Old 10-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan View Post
Then prepare for TOTAL COMPETITION!!! muahahaha!!!

I guess for JPA 2009, the competition is going to get tougher than before especially for health-related profession. Good Luck juniors. Feeling freaking old now.
This year, I suppose a sure-get threshold for medicine would be 12A1 or more?

<digression>Then there are many much older people in ReCom... </digression>

Miracles happen everyday
sNaiL0810

#43 Old 10-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Pass by,

I am a JPA scholar in Social Science field, currently in Canada.

Feel free to ask me anything
sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#44 Old 10-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiacheng91 View Post
u love money more than medic

btw, how long is the bond n how do i break it with minimal side effects
If I'm not mistaken, the bond for medicine is a whopping 10 years.

I have heard about many JPA medic scholars especially those who got UK breach their contract - they stayed in UK and work there, and I reckon they pay everything back to JPA.

There is a thread on JPA bonds here

You can go to the JPA scholars database to get some seniors who are now currently doing or have done their UK medic under JPA. They'll know better.
Trekk Male

#45 Old 10-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Hey guys, I couldn't find law in the list of approved JPA courses, but I saw in one of the earlier posts that JPA also offered scholarships to do law. Which information is correct? Thanks.
kaera

#46 Old 10-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
Hey guys, I couldn't find law in the list of approved JPA courses, but I saw in one of the earlier posts that JPA also offered scholarships to do law. Which information is correct? Thanks.
Funny thing happened last year.law wasnt on the list initially, then after a few days it appeared! Don;t know why it happened o.O but keep an eye out on it.

quite a few people missed out on law because they didnt see at the beginning.
Trekk Male

#47 Old 11-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Thanks kaera. I'll keep an eye out for it.
eugenetoh91 Male

#48 Old 11-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

can anyone explain to me why is it only the government or the government privatised companies can sponsor students to study for top universities foundation programme like american top universities foundation programme, german A level, and Cambridge A level in INTEC which is prominent for these foundation programme??? Whereas the real private companies couldn't sponsor their students to study in it. If we want to say that INTEC only requires good students, actually the private companies can sponsor excellent students to study in there too.
Regards.
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#49 Old 11-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenetoh91 View Post
can anyone explain to me why is it only the government or the government privatised companies can sponsor students to study for top universities foundation programme like american top universities foundation programme, german A level, and Cambridge A level in INTEC which is prominent for these foundation programme??? Whereas the real private companies couldn't sponsor their students to study in it. If we want to say that INTEC only requires good students, actually the private companies can sponsor excellent students to study in there too.
Regards.
*stares* First company that springs to mind is Shell. I don't think such a big company like Shell is "unable to afford" A levels at INTEC if need be, but I think it's just a matter of priorities. Different companies would have different budget allocations for their scholars.

By the way, I was under the impression that INTEC was solely meant for JPA [possibly Mara? Dunno] scholars. Or are there non-scholars studying there as well?

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
teddyen
Less Junior Member

#50 Old 11-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Lol...
firstly, I would think private companies mainly looks for business and investment. there is no reason to actually sponsor someone for studies unless they believe you are really good and can bring success to their company in the future. so uhm, i think that's why there are so little private companies funding pre-U n undergraduate.

whereas for the government, it is their responsibility to provide education and scholarships for their citizens. Remember that the money from scholarships actually came from taxpayers of every citizen of malaysia... you can say it's our right too... XD
and of course, to ensure they come back to malaysia to work and bring the country forward, there's bonding

at least i think so la... I'm not really sure myself, anybody who got a clearer view please enlighten us

Edit: and yeah INTEC are mainly for scholars, such as JPA, Mara, Bank Negara etc... but you can get in as non-scholar too, you just have to pay for the (according to my friend) very expensive course. In the end, you might as well go other better private colleges, such as taylors or sunway...

Last edited by teddyen; 11-03-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread