ReCom.org
Meet the Moderators Get to know your moderators here.

See Hua the technology buff

Restl3ss
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#141 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

wolf! look up!
So why does people call you the technology buff?
nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#142 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Umm...read post #137...
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#143 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvl View Post
LOL.

By the way, See Hua, is it true in Germany most are using Macs??
Quote:
Umm...read post #137...
Most of the people still use Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss View Post
wolf! look up!
So why does people call you the technology buff?
I am pretty interested in technology stuffs, especially those related to computers. As such, people usually come to me if they have problems with their computers...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#144 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Most of the people still use Windows

I am pretty interested in technology stuffs, especially those related to computers. As such, people usually come to me if they have problems with their computers...
Ah hah! So my friend was trying to brainwash me into buying a Mac ....based on the reason that most ppl there use it...
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#145 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Ah hah! So my friend was trying to brainwash me into buying a Mac ....based on the reason that most ppl there use it...
Good choice, I am using a Mac myself

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#146 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Good choice, I am using a Mac myself
Lol. Fact is, I don't have a laptop yet. Not sure which to buy. If I buy a Mac, i'm afraid I dunno how to use since it's so different from windows...

Other than Mac, anything u can recommend for a laptop?
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#147 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Lol. Fact is, I don't have a laptop yet. Not sure which to buy. If I buy a Mac, i'm afraid I dunno how to use since it's so different from windows...

Other than Mac, anything u can recommend for a laptop?
Depends on what you will be using it for. If you only do websurfing, listening to music and watching movies, almost any laptop out there will do.

If you do watch higher definition movies, or do image or video editing, you will need one with a discreet video card (Nvidia or ATI).

As for size, i think 13-14 inch laptops carries a good compromise between comfort and portability.

Macs are pretty easy to use and switch to. However, switching the other way around (mac to windows) will take more effort, since there are lots of tiny comfort in usage that windows just don't have

The Following User Says Thank You to vseehua For This Useful Post:
nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#148 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Depends on what you will be using it for. If you only do websurfing, listening to music and watching movies, almost any laptop out there will do.

If you do watch higher definition movies, or do image or video editing, you will need one with a discreet video card (Nvidia or ATI).

As for size, i think 13-14 inch laptops carries a good compromise between comfort and portability.

Macs are pretty easy to use and switch to. However, switching the other way around (mac to windows) will take more effort, since there are lots of tiny comfort in usage that windows just don't have
Thanks!

But in Germany, do we have lots of assignments that need certain software....or anything that would involve the need for video editing etc?

p/s: sorry...computer noob here...lol
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#149 Old 15-03-2010 Default Re: See Hua the technology buff

Quote:
Thanks!

But in Germany, do we have lots of assignments that need certain software....or anything that would involve the need for video editing etc?

p/s: sorry...computer noob here...lol
You might need to use softwares related to programming (Matlab, C-Compilers, Labview etc.) But those won't require you to have special hardware, any computer will do...

Video editing? Nah, unless you take videos as your hobby...