ReCom.org
Social and Entertainment Corner Share your cool links, funny videos, discuss movies, music or ask for dating tips here :)

Malaysian Idol !?!? Mixed Opinion?

budakkerek Female
UndercoverKitty

#81 Old 15-07-2004 Default

haha...but M Nasir got the credes (credentials), man! at least a whole lot better than Roslan Aziz i believe. G ---she's just too soft hearted. i dont see why they should be the judges anyway. what if the contestants were to sing in chinese, or malay or tamil? would they be able to detect any pronunciation mistakes in the singing, if they dont know the language well? to me, as someone who cant speak chinese, every dialect is the same (it's actually not, right?)

Pandaboy ---> ya..that's the guy i was speaking about. the kinda softie guy. He cried! siannye....but the chinese guy, yeah..he can really sing man...plus, he got style!

"Bear this pain we will until united finally we become." - KJPoyer, 2008.
budakkerek is offline   Reply With Quote
phantom

#82 Old 15-07-2004 Default

pandaboy wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I dun like the judges. Roslan Aziz....I agree that he cant speak good english. Besides, I hate his attitude...he act as if he knows a lot about music and so on. Like a music gangsste, haha. Fauziah Latiff, on the other hand, is a bit soft-hearted. She likes to sympathize on the others. She cant stand on her own views too
roslan aziz was sheila majid's ex-hubby right?i though he has helped sheila being a flawless singer.am pretty sure,he deserve being a judge,simon cowell too was a producer in UK once,ppl used to hate him for his comments.but then again,it was him who launched some singers to the glittering fame.am pretty sure they know what it takes to be a good singer and what not.

and speaking good english doesnt make you a good judge nor does it makes you a worse one.why dont we give him room.in months,after few episodes,he might speak english that make some ppl happy out there.

well,i am a big fan of fauziah latiff,she is after all a down-to-earth lady.she sung this profound song, "aku sebutir pasir"..you might wanna listen to that.

well you see,we are malaysian,we can't be american.we can't say,you are a loser!!and some other worst comments.we aren't brought up that way you see.ppl have dreams,some wanna be singers,we should give them a try,making fun of other ppl dreams is unfair.bapok ker,pondan ker,kalau itu impian dia,biarlah dia try out.
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
raizz
Super Junior Member

#83 Old 15-07-2004 Default Limelight & Shadow

"If only the sun-drenched celebrities are being noticed and worshipped, then our children are going to have a tough time seeing the value in the shadows, where the thinkers, probers and scientist are keeping society together."
Rita Dove, Poet Laureate of the United States and Consultant to the Library of Congress from 1993 to 1995.

This has never been more true then it is now. With the growing popularity of shows like "Malaysian Idol", "Akademi Fantasia", "Audition" and countless others, it's evident that society these days are geared towards the worship and adulation of those in the spotlight.

I have absolutely NOTHING against celebrities and artistes. I'm a big fan of great music and creative geniuses. Heck, I would fall in love with a creative genius

MY main concern here is that fame & glamour is being peddled as a sure ticket to success. A guarantee to a life of blissful riches.

I don't deny that superstardom can definitely lead to a blessed life of limousines and diamonds - and true, that's not an entirely bad thing.

But I'm worried about the impressionable young ones. The children. Their role models are so different from those of my generation (and I'm not even THAT old).

Children used to say "When I grow up, I want to be a doctor, like Papa/Uncle/Abang" It's now "When I grow up, I want to be Clay Aitken/Vince/Guy Sebastian"

True, there's nothing fundamentally wrong about that, but we used to look up to our teachers, our parents, our paediatrician, the pilot in his smart uniform, the firemen, the friendly neighbourhood policeman. Children used to be ingrained with the idea of 'helping people' and 'making the world a better place'. We used to want to be the superheroes, to help others, to do good.

Now children look up to singers, actors and tv hosts. Children are now entrenched with the idea that a life of glamour and being adored by millions of fans is the way to go. They want riches, adulation, hero-worship and idolization. They want to see themselves on tv, with millions of screaming fans chanting their name - they want to soak in publicity. They feel that such glamour is the measure of their worth.

I hope I don't come across as generalizing here. I'm NOT saying that being a celebrity is BAD. I'm NOT saying that ALL children are glamour-oriented. I'm merely saying that things have changed. And what Rita Dove said truly applies these days.

Being in the shadows is not a bad thing. A life without public recognition is not a wasted one.

You don't need to have fans to gain respect.

You don't need the spotlight in order to shine.

#84 Old 16-07-2004 Default

honestly i like to see such changes. i dont want children to keep thinking that to be successful, you have to be a doctor, engineer or lawyer only. maybe the children idolize popstar just because they want to be successful.

Quote:
Children used to be ingrained with the idea of 'helping people' and 'making the world a better place'.
being an artist also makes the world a better place. would u rather go out dating to a science lab or a cinema.

i hope our society will change. i dont want parents to think that their children should only be artists if they fail high school or something. i hope in malaysia someday, art will be considered as a field that one can be successful, professional, and respected as much as those of other career path among parents.
kucingbiru is offline   Reply With Quote
deekay
Less Junior Member

#85 Old 16-07-2004 Default

Simon makes the show.

You can substitute Paula and Randy with say, Gloria Estefan and Lionel Ritchie and still people will watch the show.

Take out Simon and it will be just another talent show.

What is so different of Malaysian Idol compare to Bintang RTM other than the age limit ?
deekay is offline   Reply With Quote
budakkerek Female
UndercoverKitty

#86 Old 16-07-2004 Default

well, phantom,everyone...sorry for the word 'bapok' that i used in my previous posts. But it's just a way of describing (i want ppl to know which guy i'm talking bout). sorry if i offended anyone., my bad

i dont hv anything about ppl entering such progs. heck, some of my good friends went to the audition. i support them, bcoz i know, we're different in terms of interests n priorities. Plus, if they hv the talent, why should i stop them?

Akademi Fantasia is fun to watch. Like what Thirdshifter said to me the other day, "it's so poyo" but still, cant help it..i feel like i need to watch it. reality shows are such a hit w us bcoz they show normal ppl, doing normal (or maybe not so normal things). And we as audience, we feel like we can connect w them..but we'd do the things they do, differently.

Anywya, i'm digressing - gomene! Msian Idol...how many american-based shows we wanna have? and when, enough is gonna be enough?

budakkerek Female
UndercoverKitty

#87 Old 16-07-2004 Default

Some 'new' reality shows, following the examples of already-existing shows. Mebbe they might be a reality in the future..you nvr know

Segala.... impiaaaan... (lagu cik ct...)

1. Who will become an Ustaz
Reality show yang menampilkan peserta 12 lelaki
yang akan bersaing untuk
menjadi seorang Ustaz. Mereka akan ditempatkan
disebuah madrasah dan akan
diuji ketahanan dari segi membaca alquran,
menunaikan sembahyang wajib,
menunaikan sembahyang sunat, azan dan lain
lain... Setiap minggu akan di
akan pertandingan memberi tazkirah di hadapan
penonton yang juga akan
disiarkan live dikaca Televison.. Peserta akan
dinilai oleh juri
profesional
(30%) dan sms penonton (70%) pemenang akan
mendapat pakej haji percuma.

2. Akademi Islamiah
Reality show yang mengambil 12 budak budak yang
telah sesat dan rosak
akhlaknya.. Mereka akan ditempatkan di sebuah
banglo, dan akan diajar cara
hidup islam. Setiap minggu mereka harus
menunjukan apakan kepakaran dalam
islam yang telah mereka pelajari, dihadapan
penonton secara live. SMS
penonton akan menentukan peserta yang layak untuk
menang (pilih berdasarkan
taraf keinsafan mereka). Mereka menangis kerana
menginsafi dosa lalu mereka.
Mereka akan 'dikurung' dan dipacakkan dengan 13
kamera CCTV.

3. Muslim Idol
Reality show untuk mencari penceramah Islam
terbaik di malaysia. Peserta
yang dapat memberi ceramah yang mengusik jiwa
penonton akan mara keperingkat
seterusnya hingga ke akhir. Peserta diadili oleh
penonton melalui sms.
Pemenang akan mendapat peluang merakamkan lagu
nasyid dan juda CD
ceramahnya.

4. Bintang RTM (Remaja Tahu Mengaji)
Sebuah lagi program dari stesen kerajaan Islam
Hadhari kita iaitu
berbentuk program tahu mengaji. Peserta diajar
cara membaca secara
tartil,bertajwid dengan betul,menghafaz Quran dan
berlagu. Peserta yang
berjaya akan mendapat cahaya nur Quran.

5. Audition
Rancangan ini berbentuk audition untuk meneruskan
pengajian dalam bidang
agama samada IPT dalam negeri atau pun luar
negeri. Tajaan akan diberikan
kepada yang berjaya. Syarat layak masuk kepada
semua yang cintakan Islam
dan para pendokong Islam

kucingbiru

#88 Old 16-07-2004 Default

ha ha, that's funny!!
kucingbiru is offline   Reply With Quote
phantom

#89 Old 16-07-2004 Default

budakkerek wrote:

Quote:
Anywya, i'm digressing - gomene! Msian Idol...how many american-based shows we wanna have? and when, enough is gonna be enough?
it's UK based not US based.why not?am pretty sure hollywood movies are from usa.so do friends kan?the list goes on.simply said,american know how to entertain da world,and plus,they know how to have fun.
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
budakkerek Female
UndercoverKitty

#90 Old 17-07-2004 Default

no..what i mean is, when are we going to hv our own truly-Msian shows, that is our own in every way? pls, dont give examples of stuff on RTM, coz they're not creastive - they suck