ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

klaudius Female
Super Junior Member

#61 Old 17-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

No, they dont. We have to buy it ourselves. N i just found out that a brand new kit costs about RM37. Our teacher suggest to buy 2nd hand kit from seniors because we are going to use it once for that exp only. But,i dont think any1 will sell theirs as they might need it in Uni right?

Lucky you, u have it provided. In my school, Form 6 students are really neglected and "underprivileged"!!! We are left to fend for ourselves! And its really unfair because they always prioritise the lower forms. Form six people are invisible. DAMN YOU SCHOOL! =D
But form 6 teachers are really nice n caring. They treat you like a friend and they always welcome students who wish to share their problems. U can talk about academic,personal stuff or anything. And u will get plenty of advices even if u didnt ask for it. That's y i remained in my school even though it's not really popular for its form six! Many of my teachers are quite old (some almost retiring) and of course well-experienced as some of them are STPM markers. There,another reason to stay in my damn school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Klaudius,how to excel in math and chemistry?

-to be answered tomorrow or Wednesday maybe on Thursday-
Are you in form 6 also?

(-_-)zzzZZZ

Last edited by klaudius; 17-01-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
klaudius is offline   Reply With Quote
kengyik Male
Super Junior Member

#62 Old 18-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

venn,thx for ur advise,i solved it ^^

klaudius what's ur school name? sounds attractive =.=

Actually i am also waiting for my SPM result and my decision is as same as esy too,that is to challenge SPTM !!

so now i am trying to master the math T first during this boring holiday -.- but it's quite difficult T.T

below is one of the questions again:

prove the following identities

cos x + sin x = sin x + cos x
1-tan x 1-cot x

i try to prove it from LHS but fail haiz..really challenging ^^

sourceelangi

Form 6 got a subject called further math right?
i have gone many bookstores,populars,MPH, but i never saw even a further math's reference book..=.= and what i can conclude after going these bookstores is that form 6 reference books are really limited.

Last edited by kengyik; 18-01-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kengyik is offline   Reply With Quote
ling910520 Male
Less Junior Member

#63 Old 18-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

There is no specific reference book for futher math T , you have to download syllabus from the MPM website and buy the university book that have the syllabus .

there is a thread named futhermath2009 inside this site and someone have posted the complete list of the book that you going to need before
ling910520 is offline   Reply With Quote
EconomicTutorial Male
Super Junior Member

#64 Old 19-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

To all Upper 6 ekonomi students, you can get PRA-U Makroekonomi eBook (70 Pages) as a try with ONLY price RM9.99 (Promotion until 25 Jan). You needn't study textbook anymore when you have purchased this eBook. Consists all chapter with graph and formula as details according to the STPM standard.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6.292798596387
EconomicTutorial is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#65 Old 19-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

errr, is promoting business allowed here? btw, reporting in. lower 6 last year. upper six this year. joined form 6 cuz i have no way else to go. schlarship rejected, matrics closed its door, and i sure as hell dun wan to become a primary sch teacher. science stream, taking triple science. sucks so hard in maths T cuz i cudn't find the interest. hope we can help each other ~.~....and HI!!! =)
holyzshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#66 Old 20-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengyik View Post

Actually i am also waiting for my SPM result and my decision is as same as esy too,that is to challenge SPTM !!

so now i am trying to master the math T first during this boring holiday -.- but it's quite difficult T.T

1-tan x 1-cot x

sourceelangi

i have gone many bookstores,populars,MPH, but i never saw even a further math's reference book..=.= and what i can conclude after going these bookstores is that form 6 reference books are really limited.
Hey...i think u should start by doing from chapter 5..because that chapter consist most of form 5 syllabus...
Veen is offline   Reply With Quote
Jennifer_gan Female
Super Junior Member

#67 Old 20-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi! I'm new to this thread,hope can gain some information about stpm in this thread. I have one question about physics. Can someone help me with this?
(Ace Ahead,Chapter 15 Thermodynamics of Gases)
1.0 cm^3 of water becomes 1600cm^3 of steam when it is boiling at an atmospheric pressure of 1.01 x 10^5 Pa. Calculate
(a) the amount of work done to overcome the atmospheric pressure
(b) the change in internal energy when 1kg of water turns into steam at atmospheric pressure.

(a) Answer: 161.5 J
(b) Q=ml = 1x 2.26 x 10^6 J = 2.26x10^6 J
W=161.5x 1000 J = 1.615 x 10^5 J
(for 1kg of water)

Why is the work done need to multiply with 1000? Any reply will be truly appreciated.
Jennifer_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
HappyRonald Male
Less Junior Member

#68 Old 20-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

I can't download the syllabus. The MPM website seems malfunctioning.
HappyRonald is offline   Reply With Quote
klaudius Female
Super Junior Member

#69 Old 21-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRonald View Post
I can't download the syllabus. The MPM website seems malfunctioning.
Hey there!

For which subject do you want to download the syllabus? I have PA, Math T, Chemistry and Bio which i downloaded last year and im not sure if they have changed/updated the syllabus.
I can send them to you if you still cant get to download
klaudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#70 Old 21-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengyik View Post

1-tan x 1-cot x

sourceelangi

this question is quite ok.just that u nid to get the first step right.o changed the tangent and cotangent to sin and cos.then simplified the equation.from then on u should be able to do on ur own.sorry for the bad explanation style...
Veen is offline   Reply With Quote