ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

sugan Male

#131 Old 28-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfoong View Post
any1 could answer this for the interest of every1?
I am sure that it is not the same for all curriculum. if you are in the common engineering u , i think we should take certain module which will qualify us to 'apply' for certain streams of engineering at the end of first year.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by sugan; 14-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.
sugan is offline   Reply With Quote
ling910520 Male
Less Junior Member

#132 Old 28-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

do we need to certify our documents before submitting to NUS? For example ic, result...
ling910520 is offline   Reply With Quote
ivanlsy Male
Super Junior Member

#133 Old 28-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Ya, we need to do so.
ivanlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
evonneching Female
Less Junior Member

#134 Old 28-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfoong View Post
hello guys! im applying for engineering programs. need some clarification from u guys. =)

Students reading common Engineering will be streamed at the end of Year 1 to Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science & Engineering.

-the statement above makes me thought that all engineering programs have the same curriculum in the 1st year and we'll be studying in the same group of students regardless of our choice we're admitted for? am i right?
-what are the differences between "common engineering" and "mechanical/civil/electrical engineering" besides we'll be stream in the 2nd yr for "common engineering"??
-is it a good idea to choose "common engineering" if im still nt too sure which engineering i like the most?

btw, what does it mean by "special term" in the academic calendar? what do we do during that period?
common engineering is basically for those who aren't too sure which branch of engin you're most interested in yet. it's more like a buffer year, but you still need to take it seriously though cause your choice of 'which engin to stream into' (in yr 2) depends on your yr 1 results. you take common yr 1 modules such as physics and maths. yep, you may be in the same lecture theatre as those from other engin (:

special sem is for people who want to stay in NUS during the three month break from May-July. you can study and finish some modules so your next semesters in NUS are less stressful! thats the upside. the bad? one module costs 1200 sgd. ouch :/

Last edited by evonneching; 28-03-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
evonneching is offline   Reply With Quote
lordfoong Male
Less Junior Member

#135 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evonneching View Post
common engineering is basically for those who aren't too sure which branch of engin you're most interested in yet. it's more like a buffer year, but you still need to take it seriously though cause your choice of 'which engin to stream into' (in yr 2) depends on your yr 1 results. you take common yr 1 modules such as physics and maths. yep, you may be in the same lecture theatre as those from other engin (:

special sem is for people who want to stay in NUS during the three month break from May-July. you can study and finish some modules so your next semesters in NUS are less stressful! thats the upside. the bad? one module costs 1200 sgd. ouch :/
thx replying evonneching!
sounds like those who're offered common engineering would gotta work harder in the 2nd year since they're taught basics in the 1st year hmm...NTU's engineering are all the same during 1st year.
sounds like im going to repeat what i have learned during stpm too(if im offered common engineering)...physics and maths again!
lordfoong is offline   Reply With Quote
evonneching Female
Less Junior Member

#136 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Haha everyone in engine needs to take math. its a core module meaning that you need it to proceed on to your other engin modules. Don't worry math is not too tough, as long as you don't skip lectures and be consistent in your revision (:
Super Junior Member

#137 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Anyone here applied for Science? xD
ivanlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
lordfoong Male
Less Junior Member

#138 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evonneching View Post
Haha everyone in engine needs to take math. its a core module meaning that you need it to proceed on to your other engin modules. Don't worry math is not too tough, as long as you don't skip lectures and be consistent in your revision (:
yeah i dun nid u to tell me bout that as a student myself.
u muz b an engineering student thr i suppose?

Last edited by lordfoong; 29-03-2011 at 08:09 PM.
lordfoong is offline   Reply With Quote
evonneching Female
Less Junior Member

#139 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

haha no hard feelings ;) you'll be surprised though i know many people who skip lectures and regret in the end.
Less Junior Member

#140 Old 29-03-2011 Default Re: All About Admission Into NUS (2011/2012 Cohort)

Should we put engineering (common) as compared to other engineering(e.g. Chemical Engineering) in our five choices if we did not hv all As for science subjects in order to have better chance to get into NUS?Any honours program for common engineering?
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote