ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Misguided Aims of BTN

misled_youth

#1 Old 02-12-2004 Default Misguided Aims of BTN

Quote:
Wawasan
Menjadi sebuah organisasi awam yang unggul dalam memupuk semangat patriotisme serta menjadikan rakyat setia kepada Kerajaan.
Quote:
Objective
v. Penyelidikan mengenai keberkesanan dasar-dasar kerajaan dan kajian mengenai jurang kerenggangan antara kerajaan dan rakyat.
http://www.btn.gov.my/default.asp?page=101

If this isn't "Love BN Brainwashing Camp", then what is it?
________
Marijuana card

Last edited by misled_youth; 03-09-2011 at 12:39 PM.
misled_youth is offline   Reply With Quote
raizz
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 02-12-2004 Default

hahaha....wut a post. I don't really think it's a form of brainwashing but is rather more like a camp to help people understand who should they be thankful to and condemn. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the idea of conducting BTN is totally right, but we should take into to account the vast number of people from different age groups that are being sent to the camp. Citizens from 17 till 50 year old adult has been to this camp, my mom who was once Wanita UMNO head has been there at the age of 55.

I mean if the whole idea of the government conducting this camp to change the way people look at them, it's not gonna work. It'll only effect those in their youth, and not adults. WHY...simply because I think most of the Malaysian youth today have no strong fundamental belief on what's right for the country and what's not. I'm glad to see people here are quite aware about a lot of stuff thats's happening in and out of the country, but whut about the other 5 million youth out there. As for adults, age 40 and above I'm pretty much sure with all the experience they have in life, nothing could ever change their point of view. Experience is the best form of education, no doubt about it.

As for the youth, they are not being brainwash, but the government is simply taking this advantage of their adolescent state of mental skills by patronizing them to think what ever that has been done in the past is for the good of the nation. It's simply because majority of the youth today are a no-brainer, and that a fact so there's no brain to be washed. And if we try to be critical and come forth critizing the government, I'm definitely sure someone will be there to shut you up....sadly that's how the government works today. Like it or not...it's somehow dictative method that I think in the long run will both benefit and at the same time be a setback to the country.

#3 Old 02-12-2004 Default

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

However, we must expose the TRUE OBJECTIVES and VISIONS of BTN to the masses.

Patriotism is (among) the last refuge of the scoundrel.

We must differentiate what's good for our fellow Malaysians, and what's good for the powers-that-be.

ps. I love my new Avatar. Paint Shop Pro7 4 Life!
________
PORTABLE ELECTRONIC VAPORIZER

Last edited by misled_youth; 03-09-2011 at 12:39 PM.
misled_youth is offline   Reply With Quote
USSDefiantNX74205

#4 Old 02-12-2004 Default

Quote:
menjadikan rakyat setia kepada Kerajaan.
and

Quote:
Penyelidikan mengenai keberkesanan dasar-dasar kerajaan
I'd like to see them explain this. I have no idea what the BTN is, but if its some patriotism thing, why 'kerajaan'?
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 02-12-2004 Default

I think it's wrong to put patriotism and the government together. I mean u can be very patriotic of ur country and the same time be against the current government aka opposition party. Thats why BTN or Biro Takhta Negara is an organization under the government to pupuk both of this semangat, 'pro-government and partriotism'. As the current status-quo, BN is the one giving orders to BTN on what should they implement in their camp. Let see if one day, DAP or PAS or BA is to lead the country, then they'll full authority to dictate the organization of the camp. But offcourse the partiotism material will still remain the same
Slightly Senior Member

#6 Old 03-12-2004 Default

i remember those days when we were sent to numerous kem binadiri and kem semangat and kem whatever... all day long we listen to random dudes preach about the gospel of government love, then at night we main gitar, masak mi, watch movie, sing song, and on the last night we have malam kebudayaan where ah kow, gopal, and ahmad join hands and hug each other.

what a ** waste of time
el_empty is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#7 Old 03-12-2004 Default

Personally, I agree with raizz about people's mind. I would say that it brings upon another perspective, and frankly from what I learn from BTN, is not about BN or anything, but a lot of those physical teamwork and group work, like jungle trekking, group teamwork of playing lingo, treasure hunt, marching, etc..

I would look at it as a Team-Building event, and one of the activity that I find very meaningful is that they ask us to count how much our parents have spent on us, and they actually spent a couple of hours talking about how we should respect our parents and appreciate their sacrifice etc...
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
cquayhl
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 03-12-2004 Default

Stated aims are one thing...but what goes on at BTN? It would be interesting to look at some of the materials. I recall some quite sinister conspiracy theory sorts of things going by.

Could someone who's been to BTN maybe give us a broad overview of what it's like and how it's organised (not anecdotes), and pdf the handouts and post them?

Charis.
cquayhl is offline   Reply With Quote
phantom

#9 Old 03-12-2004 Default

i been there once coz my beloved jpa is paying my tuition and giving me allowances.

nobody is telling me " pls vote BN and kiss BN's ass".

i have heard again and again about ppl saying BTN is the gov's way of brainwashing our young generations.

well,i didn't experience one and so do any of my anti-BN,anti-gov friends.nobody ever said, " BTN ni nak suruh aku undi BN lah tu, ".

basically we are divided into groups and we did so many fun things together,including crossing the swap area. i ended up losing my shoes and walked with stockings back to the camp.i also lovedddddddd the cross-country run where i arrived among the earliest amid my constant velocity. hint: dont accelerate and left others too early during the cross-country becoz at the middle of the road u gonna be pancit and have to walked. still make me laugh till today especially knowing that i beated the dudes one year older than i am (overtaking them during the cross-country run was one of the greatest moment of my life.haha)

the only part that i hated was when there was this examination stats being readed to us. it was freakin' annoying when some ppl think certain race is born to be smart while others are underachievers.that's the part i fully hated and hence i complaint at the evaluation sheet and the man in charged perused and answered my complain. i didn't remember his answers though but i know they still do that till now.

i have to agree with Chenchow,BTN can be either stupid or enjoying..depending on how u preceive it. i love it becoz i made tons and tons of new friends and get to do new things that i wont that if i just sit and watch tv at home.plus,it opens up the new prespective of looking at " smart " ppl from other prepatory colleges.

then again, i disagree making BTN compulsory. it should be an option though. but if i am waiting for SPM's results i'll go. others can beg to differ.

#10 Old 03-12-2004 Default

hmmm BTN...

still remember the facilitators laughed at our creative
imaginations.... Bawa Telur Negara..... hehehehe...

anyway... it is not that bad... although the place that we stayed is quite badly maintained... (if they did ever maintain it...)

the food is horrible... but other than that... it is not bad.... expected it to be worse... but surprisingly, it is not a bad 5 days 'holiday'.... do enjoy urself as this might be ur last time seeing some of ur frens before u guys go ur own way.... that's the case for ATU 10... where the BTN is held at the very end of our semester...

hmm... the activities are really a waste of time... the discussion held are nothing much.... the food is horrible.... (have to reiterate this... it is really really horrible.... ) and the so called fitness test... is not a test.... they extend the time to the extent where u can walk the entire course and yet reached the finishing line before the time limit.... but, u ppl better jog or run or anything.... they might change their policy without further notice....

other than that.... the marching is nothing much too..... generally, it is a great breakaway from modern life, but we still uses our handphone... luckily i was using maxis.... oh yar... and the Big2 session... the Bridge sessions.... and last but not least... the Karaoke and Barbeque night...

the test is also quite simple... if u can remember ur form 4 and 5 history.... it is no big deal.... most questions are really based on ur general knowledge... and common sense tooo... if u have the habit of reading the papers and periodicals, u are well on ur way of scoring the test....

last but not least... ENJOY..... HAVE FUN.....

oh yar... if they have the flying fox there.... persuade ur facilitator to let u guys have a run on it.... it's great.... but too bad.... our campsite's flying fox's equipment is not safe to use.... so, no fun for us.....

making it compulsory is not a bad thing... since if they dun, nobody will attend it.... and they shld include more informative and worth listening discussions.... and pls ask them to update their slideshows.... becoz there are outdated and ask them to discuss those sensitive issues.... no point having BTN if they are not addressing those issues.... (still remember the presenter just skipped the slides that show the SuQiu issue right before our eyes...) hello, we are not blind and not dead... and we are listening and looking at the slideshows.... what are there that they must hide????
DecentMerson is offline   Reply With Quote