NUS Application AY2013-14

chenyean65 Female
Less Junior Member

#171 Old 29-05-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcchuan View Post
SAM, without Scholarship info.
Hey guys,

Do you know if an applicant is accepted only during the 2nd window of acceptance , does it jeopardise his/her chance of getting the Asean scholarship ( I had gone for the interview in January). Will MOE think that those from the 2nd window of acceptance are "leftovers" and not good enuf? And also when does the 2nd window start? Would appreciate any info.
chenyean65 is offline   Reply With Quote
thoradicus Male
Super Junior Member

#172 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin94 View Post
Hey guys..
I have applied to NUS FASS and havent gotten a reply yet.. so i am assuming i wont be getting one till the 2nd window opens.. My UK GCE A level grades are A*A*AA (Accounting,Mathematics, Business Studies, Economics) and I just received a SAT score of 2000 in the May 2013 SAT test.. I know a score of 2000 isnt a really good one and so i am confused as to whether I shud send this score NUS. I am not sure whether sending the score will actually benefit me or just undermine my chances of getting in.

So what do u guys suggest?? shud i send in my scores?? or shud i withheld them??
Isnt it too late to send anything already?
thoradicus is offline   Reply With Quote
kevin94 Male
Super Junior Member

#173 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoradicus View Post
Isnt it too late to send anything already?
Well i recently sent them a certificate to update my A level grades and they took it in.. so... i guess it isnt too late
kevin94 is offline   Reply With Quote
CiuyiYeo
Super Junior Member

#174 Old 31-05-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Hey guys..
I have applied to NUS FASS and havent gotten a reply yet.. so i am assuming i wont be getting one till the 2nd window opens.. My UK GCE A level grades are A*A*AA (Accounting,Mathematics, Business Studies, Economics) and I just received a SAT score of 2000 in the May 2013 SAT test.. I know a score of 2000 isnt a really good one and so i am confused as to whether I shud send this score NUS. I am not sure whether sending the score will actually benefit me or just undermine my chances of getting in.

So what do u guys suggest?? shud i send in my scores?? or shud i withheld them??
Hey Kevin,
Did all the sub-parts of your SAT result fulfill the minimum suggested requirement for the admission? I really don't know if it would help / undermine your chances. Personally, i think your A Level grades are better than your SAT and the SAT is sort of like a supplement now that you've gotten your actual A Level grades. Soo, if i were you, i won't send in the SAT results.
BUT it's really up to you. Just my pov here.
and All the best! Don't give up yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenyean65 View Post
Hey guys,

Do you know if an applicant is accepted only during the 2nd window of acceptance , does it jeopardise his/her chance of getting the Asean scholarship ( I had gone for the interview in January). Will MOE think that those from the 2nd window of acceptance are "leftovers" and not good enuf? And also when does the 2nd window start? Would appreciate any info.
Hey,
The second window is already going on. It is not an official announced thing, it's just called that way to differentiate the offers giving period. Haha. Anyway, the ASEAN scholarship is given by the MOE but the applicants are chosen by the university. So you don't have to worry about the 'leftovers' and stuff. Since you're not rejected for both the admission and scholarship offer yet, you would still stand a chance. Hope this helps!
National University of Singapore Malaysian Students League (MSL)
m: (65) 94604398 / (60) 162726720
e: [email address]
webpage:http://www.nusmsl.org
CiuyiYeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CiuyiYeo For This Useful Post:
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#175 Old 05-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Is there anyone taking German this coming semester (Aug 2013-freshman ) for Student's Exchange Programme (SEP)?
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
CiuyiYeo
Super Junior Member

#176 Old 05-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

To all incoming freshies for AY13/14!!
Don't forget to complete your hostel accommodation AND pay your application fee! If your application is incomplete, it wont be processed! The first round is ending on 6th June (aka 2mw). Of course, there's a higher chance for you to get a place that you want now compared to the second window of application. So be sure to apply now if you already have your offer!!

The link to apply: http://nus.edu.sg/osa/images/has/dow...residences.pdf

ALSOOO
Remember to sign up for our UFO8 orientation which will start on 15th July here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MIv...CxhZU/viewform

It is totally free and we'll help you with everything until you settle down in your new home! No worries about your bank account, medical check up, EZ link card, groceries, phone numbers and others. We'll even bring you around for a VERY comprehensive campus tour (that no other orientation could give you, trust me ) AND of course a city tour!! (which is also quite complete! We'll also introduce you to the places to get your stuff at a cheaper price and bring you to eat some nice food)
Don't worry if you cant join us all the way or from the beginning. Just fill in any additional details in the remarks column

The best part of this orientation is of course that we, the Malaysian seniors would be bringing you all around. Meaning we, who were once freshies like you would most probably have the answers to any doubts that you may have. SOO don't miss this chance to join us and make great bonds!

If you are already thinking of joining other orientations, it's really fine. In fact, i encourage them. But trust me when i say no other orientation would give you the particular Malaysian home feeling when you need them most. So join us too! You won't regret it! Also, take the opportunity to meet other people from your country like yourself. Cherish the uniqueness in the different ways of living of the other nationalities in NUS, but still feel at home with us. That's what MSL was formed for.

Check out our (teaser) video for UFO8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3k-28H2kH4

We really look forward to meeting all of you!
National University of Singapore Malaysian Students League (MSL)
m: (65) 94604398 / (60) 162726720
e: [email address]
webpage:http://www.nusmsl.org
CiuyiYeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CiuyiYeo For This Useful Post:
sweetan
Super Junior Member

#177 Old 06-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

My application status has been changed from "application is processing>>>application has been processed". However, there is no outcome of application. Does it means that I dont get any offer?
sweetan is offline   Reply With Quote
kevin94
Super Junior Member

#178 Old 06-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetan View Post
My application status has been changed from "application is processing>>>application has been processed". However, there is no outcome of application. Does it means that I dont get any offer?
no.. it just means they have made a decision and you will come to know of it at midnight..

Last edited by kevin94; 06-06-2013 at 11:24 AM.
kevin94 is offline   Reply With Quote
chenyean65
Less Junior Member

#179 Old 07-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
no.. it just means they have made a decision and you will come to know of it at midnight..
U mean by today midnight? I am so anxious I don't think I will be able to sleep.
chenyean65 is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetan
Super Junior Member

#180 Old 07-06-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenyean65 View Post
U mean by today midnight? I am so anxious I don't think I will be able to sleep.
Your application status is the same as me? "application has been processed". I still haven't receive any email about the application outcome since the status changed two days ago.
sweetan is offline   Reply With Quote