ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education

Education This is the place where we would discuss anything about education issues!!!

Scholarship Acceptance (JPA/MARA/Petronas/BNM/Telekom etc)

Closed Thread

littlebigone Male
Slightly Senior Member

#41 Old 06-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picean
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful_chaos
i think both and a lot of other stuff.. the iq test was about 15% i think,
the spm result 15 and interview 10 and some oter stuff... somewhere around there.. i forgot the exact percentage..
great thing about petronas is its 100% merit... n gender nor race quota..
thats what petronas said.
i really wonder how much does the spm result counts in getting the sponsorship...cos fr wat i remember is,during the educamp,they keep stressing on the interview...i didnt get the sponsorship, so i went n appeal for a place in utp as a private student,i asked the person incharge whether i still need to go tru another interview...he sed no need cos i passed the interview in the educamp (he said dat after checking for records in the computer)
but frankly speaking i did not get straight As...so i was thinking its because of this i couldnt get the sponsorship...if they r not going to offer sponsorship to those who didnt get straight As...y bother to shortlist us for the interview...cos fr wat i kno...i passed the interview....which i thought was the most important part..
they do rank the applicants after the interview process. So if someone turns down, they'll go for the next best student. Passing the interview is just a level of competency that the would expect. They would then choose the students whom they feel performed best in the interview.

~John Lennon
aim
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 06-06-2005 Default hey pets

u r really lucky amalina
get to go to japan for b.a
previously we had only 1 stud for b.a but he dint managed to continue... but after all .. we r going for aus/ nz

duuh... why ler petronas like this one ..
khor_albert
Anchors

#43 Old 07-06-2005 Default Re: hey pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
u r really lucky amalina
get to go to japan for b.a
previously we had only 1 stud for b.a but he dint managed to continue... but after all .. we r going for aus/ nz

duuh... why ler petronas like this one ..
I applied for Petronas scholarship in Economics to Japan last year using my trial results and paid the heavy price of rejection. Consider yourself blessed, Amalina.

Anyway, aimran, if u r staying with Bernard, you will soon have a new housemate I think....which is me.
Less Junior Member

#44 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khor_albert
Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead2511
name: dalila
scholarship : permodalan nasional berhad
major: actuarial science

recom does help me a lot, especially for the interview part, like how important it is to know all about the company that offers you the scholarship, about your goal and your knowledge on the course you're taking. i'm sooooooooo happy! thank god!
I wanna apply for PNB scholarship. In fact, I remembered I tried to get the form 4 days before SPM results are announced. However, they told me that the scholarship is for Bumis only strictly. Still annoyed till now....

of course...pnb is a bumis company....if im not mistaken lor...hehe
Gabriel
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 07-06-2005 Default

hi guys,i wish to ask sth about petronas scholarship,is it possible to apply to go overseas if i'm offered the sholarship under UTP programme? i mean either after my foundation in UTP or degree course in UTP?

#46 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
hi guys,i wish to ask sth about petronas scholarship,is it possible to apply to go overseas if i'm offered the sholarship under UTP programme? i mean either after my foundation in UTP or degree course in UTP?
i got this from petronas website.. u can also email ur Q to them.

Q: I am already in UTP, under PETRONAS sponsorship, do I need to apply if I want to join the overseas programme?
A: Yes, however, we will not call you for an interview but will process your application.

Q: I am already in UTP, but not under PETRONAS sponsorship. Can I apply since my results meet the sponsorship requirement? How do I apply? Can I also apply for overseas programme?
A: Yes, please apply online.

Gabriel
Less Junior Member

#47 Old 08-06-2005 Default

thanks!!!it means lot, but do you mind telling me the website's address?
aim
Super Junior Member

#48 Old 12-06-2005 Default khor albert ?

ur joining us at taylors ? how wonderful ..
btw .. r u going to do s.a.m ?
ekay
Super Junior Member

#49 Old 12-06-2005 Default

i've got petronas scholarship but i choose matriks since i want 2 do medicine..and just few days i got offer from jpa 2 study medicine..but i still waiting for the letter...anyway thanks 2 ReCom...
jesze
Super Junior Member

#50 Old 12-06-2005 Default

Jessica Ong
Petronas
Business admin/Econs/Finance/Accounts
Overseas program: AusMat in INTEC 1st..

Ok, i know this is totally off-topic, but i'd lurve to get to know the people who will be in my batch, the June intake to INTEC! Esp da gurlz! I want happenin roomies!~ Lolz! But no seriously, it'd b great to know other "lost people" like me in INTEC so we can "support" each other..Do contact me!

I think 3 months in Taylorz b4 this has really made me soft and spoilt.. Sigh..So, yea..soft and spoilt people unite! lolz..Those in Taylorz, congratz!!! U'll lurve it there as long as u maintain an open attitude...i know i did!

Cheers!~
Closed Thread