ReCom.org
Social and Entertainment Corner Share your cool links, funny videos, discuss movies, music or ask for dating tips here :)

Star Wars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
jbboy88
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 123
  #41 Old 03-06-2005 Default

i like the way master yoda talks.....full of inversion!~ btw, anakin's twin children are Leia & Luke (who'll kill him later) right?
__________________
::"Men kick friendship around like a football and it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it falls to pieces" -Anne Lindbergh ::

http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/3/37/3728.gif
jbboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
zAiTsEv
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 486
  #42 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbboy88
i like the way master yoda talks.....full of inversion!~ btw, anakin's twin children are Leia & Luke (who'll kill him later) right?
Leia and Luke are his children. But they're not the ones who will kill him.
__________________
Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life - fear of death, fear of judgement - is one not yet fully formed in love.
zAiTsEv is offline   Reply With Quote
jbboy88
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 123
  #43 Old 03-06-2005 Default

i thought it was Luke who killed him during the lightsaber duel.... you know.."I am your father.."
__________________
::"Men kick friendship around like a football and it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it falls to pieces" -Anne Lindbergh ::

http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/3/37/3728.gif
jbboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
zAiTsEv
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 486
  #44 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbboy88
i thought it was Luke who killed him during the lightsaber duel.... you know.."I am your father.."
The scene where Darth Vader revealed his identity to Luke occured in "The Empire Strikes Back". Luke's hand was chopped off by Darth Vader.
__________________
Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life - fear of death, fear of judgement - is one not yet fully formed in love.
zAiTsEv is offline   Reply With Quote
littlebigone Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 867
  #45 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbboy88
i thought it was Luke who killed him during the lightsaber duel.... you know.."I am your father.."
Luke's hand gets chopped off in that scene and he gets a robotic hand after that.

But you may be referring to the scene from when Luke is still training with Yoda and enters a cave. There he faces what seemed to be Darth Vader and beheads him.

Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.
__________________
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

~John Lennon
littlebigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Ani
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9
  #46 Old 05-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation
I like the part when Yodo go and find the Sith lord. He went inside and with a wave of hand, the two bodyguard just passed out. Quite funny considering his heigh (or rather a lack of it). Overall it is an awesome movie, although I haven seen the others fully before I saw this.
Yeah that was my favourite scene from this film too!

I was upset to see Anakin turned into the dark side on screen. Its strange cos everyone knows he's vader, he turns bad. But to actually see it on screen, it hurts so much. When you are reading the book, you leave things to imagination so its different from actually seeing it - the truth hurts!!

Its naughty, i know, but I did have a sneaky read of the Return of the Sith book (only a couple of pages...) before going to see it. I think everyone has their opinion on why Anakin turns into Vader. I should save mine until I have finally read the book. (but secretly, i think the reason is him being lack of love, from his mother, then he's scared of loosing padme's)

I thought the story (film) developed a little bit too quickly. Perhaps take away 3-5 minutes of fighting and replaced with dialogues?? But overall, yeah, its better than episode I & II.
Ani is offline   Reply With Quote
__earth Male
Senior Member
 
__earth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,124
  #47 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigone
Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.
actually, Vader died because Luke took the mask off Vader.

Remember the part where Vader said something like "Luke, take this mask off me" of which Luke approximately replied "but you'll die". Vader then, roughly said "Let me see my son with my own eyes" and later, "you are right, you are right, tell your sister you are right"
__________________
The __earthinc
http://www.maddruid.com/
__earth is offline   Reply With Quote
zAiTsEv
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 486
  #48 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by __earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigone
Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.
actually, Vader died because Luke took the mask off Vader.

Remember the part where Vader said something like "Luke, take this mask off me" of which Luke approximately replied "but you'll die". Vader then, roughly said "Let me see my son with my own eyes" and later, "you are right, you are right, tell your sister you are right"
I disagree. Even with his mask on, Darth Vader would still die as a result of the Emperor's force lightning. Although he's a Sith Lord, he cannot conjure force lightnings because of his robotic arms. Due to the same reason, he's defenseless against force lightnings as well.
__________________
Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life - fear of death, fear of judgement - is one not yet fully formed in love.
zAiTsEv is offline   Reply With Quote
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Thirdshifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,611
  #49 Old 07-06-2005 Default

I already watched this movie 5 times... damn.

My favourite scene would be when.. obiwans jedi fighter crashed into gen. grievious ship.. and he ejected himself out with the light sabre turned on while he was coming out in mid air.. that was freaking awesome.

after that it just went down from there.

The last scene when vader screamed No!!! was sort of annoying.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
littlebigone Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 867
  #50 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zAiTsEv
Quote:
Originally Posted by __earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigone
Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.
actually, Vader died because Luke took the mask off Vader.

Remember the part where Vader said something like "Luke, take this mask off me" of which Luke approximately replied "but you'll die". Vader then, roughly said "Let me see my son with my own eyes" and later, "you are right, you are right, tell your sister you are right"
I disagree. Even with his mask on, Darth Vader would still die as a result of the Emperor's force lightning. Although he's a Sith Lord, he cannot conjure force lightnings because of his robotic arms. Due to the same reason, he's defenseless against force lightnings as well.
doesn't he have only one robotic arm? I thought he was crawling up with one arm at the end of episode 3?
__________________
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

~John Lennon
littlebigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.10303 seconds with 16 queries