ReCom.org
Social and Entertainment Corner Share your cool links, funny videos, discuss movies, music or ask for dating tips here :)

Star Wars

jbboy88
Less Junior Member

#41 Old 03-06-2005 Default

i like the way master yoda talks.....full of inversion!~ btw, anakin's twin children are Leia & Luke (who'll kill him later) right?

http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/3/37/3728.gif
jbboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
zAiTsEv

#42 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbboy88
i like the way master yoda talks.....full of inversion!~ btw, anakin's twin children are Leia & Luke (who'll kill him later) right?
Leia and Luke are his children. But they're not the ones who will kill him.
Less Junior Member

#43 Old 03-06-2005 Default

i thought it was Luke who killed him during the lightsaber duel.... you know.."I am your father.."

http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/3/37/3728.gif
jbboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
zAiTsEv

#44 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
i thought it was Luke who killed him during the lightsaber duel.... you know.."I am your father.."
The scene where Darth Vader revealed his identity to Luke occured in "The Empire Strikes Back". Luke's hand was chopped off by Darth Vader.
Slightly Senior Member

#45 Old 03-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Luke's hand gets chopped off in that scene and he gets a robotic hand after that.

But you may be referring to the scene from when Luke is still training with Yoda and enters a cave. There he faces what seemed to be Darth Vader and beheads him.

Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.

~John Lennon
littlebigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Ani
Super Junior Member

#46 Old 05-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation
I like the part when Yodo go and find the Sith lord. He went inside and with a wave of hand, the two bodyguard just passed out. Quite funny considering his heigh (or rather a lack of it). Overall it is an awesome movie, although I haven seen the others fully before I saw this.
Yeah that was my favourite scene from this film too!

I was upset to see Anakin turned into the dark side on screen. Its strange cos everyone knows he's vader, he turns bad. But to actually see it on screen, it hurts so much. When you are reading the book, you leave things to imagination so its different from actually seeing it - the truth hurts!!

Its naughty, i know, but I did have a sneaky read of the Return of the Sith book (only a couple of pages...) before going to see it. I think everyone has their opinion on why Anakin turns into Vader. I should save mine until I have finally read the book. (but secretly, i think the reason is him being lack of love, from his mother, then he's scared of loosing padme's)

I thought the story (film) developed a little bit too quickly. Perhaps take away 3-5 minutes of fighting and replaced with dialogues?? But overall, yeah, its better than episode I & II.
Ani is offline   Reply With Quote
__earth Male

#47 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigone
Darth Vader dies in Return of the Jedi after getting severely electro shocked by the emperor.
actually, Vader died because Luke took the mask off Vader.

Remember the part where Vader said something like "Luke, take this mask off me" of which Luke approximately replied "but you'll die". Vader then, roughly said "Let me see my son with my own eyes" and later, "you are right, you are right, tell your sister you are right"
zAiTsEv

#48 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by __earth
Quote:

Remember the part where Vader said something like "Luke, take this mask off me" of which Luke approximately replied "but you'll die". Vader then, roughly said "Let me see my son with my own eyes" and later, "you are right, you are right, tell your sister you are right"
I disagree. Even with his mask on, Darth Vader would still die as a result of the Emperor's force lightning. Although he's a Sith Lord, he cannot conjure force lightnings because of his robotic arms. Due to the same reason, he's defenseless against force lightnings as well.
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#49 Old 07-06-2005 Default

I already watched this movie 5 times... damn.

My favourite scene would be when.. obiwans jedi fighter crashed into gen. grievious ship.. and he ejected himself out with the light sabre turned on while he was coming out in mid air.. that was freaking awesome.

after that it just went down from there.

The last scene when vader screamed No!!! was sort of annoying.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
littlebigone Male
Slightly Senior Member

#50 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zAiTsEv
Quote:
Originally Posted by __earth
Quote:

I disagree. Even with his mask on, Darth Vader would still die as a result of the Emperor's force lightning. Although he's a Sith Lord, he cannot conjure force lightnings because of his robotic arms. Due to the same reason, he's defenseless against force lightnings as well.
doesn't he have only one robotic arm? I thought he was crawling up with one arm at the end of episode 3?

~John Lennon
littlebigone is offline   Reply With Quote