ReCom.org
Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

Why are we still here?

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#21 Old 13-04-2010 Default Re: Why are we still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
*has evil plans to abuse her new-found knowledge*
I wonder if youngyew gets the same feeling when we were talking behind his back all this while

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
BattleBoyz Male
Slightly Senior Member

#22 Old 14-04-2010 Default Re: Why are we still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
However, I am still fairly active in non-scholarship threads (I wonder if you guys ever read those threads because it's quite quiet most of the time ) as they pique my interest and keep me enlightened through the various ideas and opinions within.

I also still do the housekeeping stuff everyday, banning spammers, merging threads and so on. I do that because after all these years, ReCom is almost like my house, and I want to keep it clean and tidy. The irony of course is that my real physical room is a mess.
I can understand that your hand might not be long enough to pick up the cloths on the floor and do other house chores since the penguin's hands are very short.

Jokes aside. I did read all the threads but I did not reply most of them. I'm scared to get flamed and my english is not that good to express my ideas without making others misunderstand what I write. Arr, you guys are really good in writing all these things there and I will be the first one dead if I am shot back. Recom wiki and HOS is a better choice for me.

Live your life to the fullest, for yourself and for those around you.
BattleBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
frankchong

#23 Old 14-04-2010 Default Re: Why are we still here?

Since you spend so much time here, why did you folks take up computer science and create a social network that reaches out to everyone? It is not easy, but you can change the world. If that is what you want, you need to go beyond Malaysia.

regards,
Frank

Sorry, there is a typo, "why did you folks take up computer science... " should be "why didn't you folks take up computer science..."

I am serious, a lot of times, new business/technologies are created out of hobbies. Doing what you like and try to make money in the process, if you do it successfully, you have a successful startup.

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by frankchong; 14-04-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
frankchong is offline   Reply With Quote
ling910520 Male
Less Junior Member

#24 Old 14-04-2010 Default Re: Why are we still here?

All the code for the page is written by the moderator right ?
and based on the enthusiasm of you guy ,it is quite similar to the story of Mark zuckerberg, just that recom didn't bring any profit to their creator .

All i can say is thanks you for keeping this place alive and help many juniors to chase their dream
ling910520 is offline   Reply With Quote
sleevelesssky Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#25 Old 07-08-2010 Default Re: Why are we still here?

Revamp. Revolution. Refresh.

Recom.