ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

God, Bible and ....

chillout
Less Junior Member

#101 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_forgotten
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew
An atheist says in a gathering,
"Hey my fellow Christian friends... God is such an egomaniac person. He creates human just to let them suffer from endless woes and tsunamis, yet he still proclaims that he loves you all. He must be lying!! And think about this - if God is omnipotent, he must have known what his creations are thinking. So, he must have known that Eve would be seduced by the serpent and eat the forbidden fruit. SO why would he do this? Why would he send the serpent and try to seduce her, and then condemn human being and their offsprings until year 2005 and on? Isn't this an intentional trap, to condemn people for nothing? Why are the whole human race sinful just because our Adam and Eve committed sin? WHEN SOMEONE IS A THIEF, SHOULD HIS SON AND GRANDSON AND GREAT GRANDSON BE SENT TO JAIL AS WELL?"

I am not sure about Christian's explanation about this, I welcome any refutation but this is not the main point I bring it up here. What I really want to know is, Christians, WHAT IS YOUR FEELING WHILE READING THIS?

1. "why would this person be so foolish and disrespectful to blaspheme God? D*mn him."
OR
2. Intimidated.
OR
3. Start to formulate an answer by starting with a quotation from the Bible followed by "my religion says that..."
OR MORE?

still no response for this question...i think this will be the last time i m posting this.

(hope the next post will not be some other issues put foward with the intention of avoiding this question...and certainly i do not wish to be condemned of being ego-centric or watever by some autoratative voice... anyway, i am just addressing an unanswered doubt posted by a curious recomer. of course, u guys can still choose to ignore this...maybe it's harsh asking the christians to question their faith.)

pardon me for my straightfowardness...
I guess I should answer this huh?

I certainly feel for the person who said this. I think he isn't aware about what he really is saying.

Luke 23:34 (The Crucifixion)
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

I'll feel very sad inside but I will pray for him and love him as God loves us. If he can be so strongly against the idea of Christianity and voice it out, imagine what he can do for the Gospel when God changes his heart. Like Saul who persecuted Christians but upon knowing God, became Paul who brought Christ to many.

I will continue on hoping and praying on my knees.
chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
chillout
Less Junior Member

#102 Old 25-01-2005 Default

I am actually very glad that there is such a forum about this.

You might think that as you draw up case after case against Christianity, you might lead the Christians astray from their beliefs.

In my case, all of you and your "arguments" have strengthened my faith in God. I ponder on the questions you ask and I simply find the answer in Him.

I thank you all. Thank you for playing a part in uplifitng my spirit.

See God even uses unbelievers to touch my heart. Don't you think He is special?

*Prayer is a powerful weapon* I'm glad I have that! Once again, thank you RECOM.
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#103 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Chillout,

This is suppose to be a discussion. If you have no opinion please do not just post your feelings. Keep to the topic.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#104 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillout
I certainly feel for the person who said this. I think he isn't aware about what he really is saying.
Please be specific, chillout. Rather than feeling that this person is stupid to blaspheme god. He certainly would be sent to hell if God does exist, would he? I am confused, you see, if God exists (sorry for using the word "if", if that offenses you, chillout), why would he disallow people to use their thinking to doubt and think about the existence of God? I think He would be happy to see his greatest creation in thinking, and be magnanimous enough to accept the "foolishness" of the human to doubt HIM.

Can anyone just give the explanation TO CLARIFY NON-CHRISTIAN's DOUBT, rather than to SCOFF AT the question and be aloft to avoid to answer?

Anyway, please give explanation rather than FEEL FOR THE PERSON. Although the questions might sound nonsense to you, but please answer, why are them nonsense. I don't find anything nonsensical in the questions,chillout. You see, it's just hard for non-christian to accept that the whole human race is sinful just because Adam and Eve were sinful. If this theory works, then we would be absolutely rightful to decimate the whole Japanese race and Finnish race. Their great grandfathers are all obnoxious murderers and pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillout
You might think that as you draw up case after case against Christianity, you might lead the Christians astray from their beliefs.
Chillout, the firmest truth can withstand any question; so as an devout believer, are you really thinking that I am that puerile to try to lead the Christians astray?! I think that Christianity can certainly withstand any question from non-believers if it is the ultimate truth, and I know you would agree to me too.

If "Asking for clarifications in the doubts in Christianity" == "Drawing up case after case against Christianity" == "Trying to lead Christians astray from their beliefs", LOL, I might as well say that "posting quotes after quotes from the Bible" + "telling stories after stories of Christianity" == "Tryin to lead non-Christians astray from their beilefs". Don't you think so? How many times do I have to say that PLEASE TRY TO EMPATHIZE?? While I do not think that you are trying to lead me astray, I hope that you don't think so too.

When in doubt, remember the MoTto of ReCom: "...regardsless of the differences in race, ethnicity or religion." WE ACCEPT, RESPECT AND CHERISH THE DIFFERENCE, NOT TRYING TO NATURALIZE OTHERS.

And nobody is trying to lead other astray, Chillout. Hope I can clarify my motive of asking the questions, and so receive at least some hint to the answer.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#105 Old 25-01-2005 Default

And if you still don't get me or understand my stand on the religious issue, reread this post of mine.

http://recom.org/modules.php?name=Fo...ghlight=#36346

Hope it helps to douse your raging fire.

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
USSDefiantNX74205

#106 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Quote:
I am actually very glad that there is such a forum about this.

In my case, all of you and your "arguments" have strengthened my faith in God. I ponder on the questions you ask and I simply find the answer in Him.

I thank you all. Thank you for playing a part in uplifitng my spirit.

See God even uses unbelievers to touch my heart. Don't you think He is special?

*Prayer is a powerful weapon* I'm glad I have that! Once again, thank you RECOM.
There it is again, that evangelist 'holier than thou' attitude. You obviously think we're here to gun down your religion or 'lead Christians astray' aren't you? So what do you want us to do? Stop questioning? Like I've said before (and as youngyew reiterated it), if God doesn't want us to question, he would not have given us a brain. It is within our very basic human nature to question and ask, please do keep that in mind.
Less Junior Member

#107 Old 25-01-2005 Default

clarification....

might lead astray

I'm not saying that you want to gun down Christianity....
USSDefiantNX74205

#108 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Then drop your 'holier than thou' attitude and answer the questions posed. It seems everytime you can't answer something, you resort to 'it doesn't matter, I'll still pray for you' or 'this is God's way of touching my heart' posts. Believe me, that isn't going to answer anything, even more so to us 'unbelievers'.

#109 Old 25-01-2005 Default

hey, USS, just like you wouldn't like it if people tried to proselytize to you, so would some christians when challenged with atheistic arguments. just try to remember that whenever you feel that this christian is being hardcore. also i wouldn't use the term 'evangelist' so freely...

and if they can't answer your questions, maybe it's because there is no answer! what answer are you (general you here) looking for anyway? something that would convince you that christianity is not a whole lot of mumbo-jumbo?

it's a no-win situation here. if christians try to answer, at some point they would have to resort to quoting the bible. then people will question the authenticity of the bible.

if christians say they just know because they believe, people will say they're weak and simple-minded. (how's that not "condescension"?)

BUT if they don't answer at all, that sort of strengthens the view that christianity is a load of crap, doesn't it?

so when you ask a question, try to consider WHY you are asking it. because if you're already convinced that christianity or any other religion for that matter is nonsense, you already have your answer.
topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#110 Old 25-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSDefiantNX74205
Then drop your 'holier than thou' attitude and answer the questions posed. It seems everytime you can't answer something, you resort to 'it doesn't matter, I'll still pray for you' or 'this is God's way of touching my heart' posts. Believe me, that isn't going to answer anything, even more so to us 'unbelievers'.
USS, although I thank you for agreeing with my opinions, I think that your words are a bit too harsh towards Chillout. He is a devout and have deep faith in God, he didn't mean anything bad to any of us.