ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Form 6 2013

wilsonkokwoon Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 06-05-2013 Default Form 6 2013

hi, i have some questions abt form 6..hope someone here can enlighten me
1.Is pengajian am fully conducted by bm?what is all about? is it like malay language or moral studies?
2. since now the exam is implemented semester per semester..so the final cgpa is the average of all the 3 semester exams? lets say if the topic has come out during the 1st semester, is it the same topic will come out during the next semester exam?
3. i'm taking maths t, physics and chemistry for stpm..if i'm intending to do chemical engineering for pre-u, it is unnecessary to take further maths or bio right?
4. are those all science subject is fully conducted in english?
5. is there any malay language that is compulsory to take?
6. is anyone here staying in seremban? i m intending to transfer to kgv seremban or st.paul bcoz i think these school hav high reputation for form 6..between both, which one is better? do these school provide accommodation? i'm gonna stay at hostel if i wan to study there..

the registration date is gonna be on this wednesday but i m still clueless abt stpm..bcoz i didnt intend to study form 6 be4..juz made this decision a few days ago..pls help me..ur help is highly appreciated..thanks in advance
wilsonkokwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
AsherLim Male
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 06-05-2013 Default Re: Form 6 2013

Hi Wilson,
3. You should make a shortlist of the universities you're interested in and intend to study at and check out all their requirements for chemical engineering as different universities may differ a little in terms of their subject requirements and recommendations of subjects to take.

4. Yes, all the science and math subjects are conducted in English.

5. BM is not a compulsory subject.

Last edited by AsherLim; 06-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
AsherLim is offline   Reply With Quote
yiling Female

#3 Old 06-05-2013 Default Re: Form 6 2013

1. Yes, it's fully conducted in BM. You learn about Malaysia government, from federal to local, Malaysia policies, international organizations, current issues (from environment to humanity), analysis of graphs and so on. One of the must-pass subject in stpm because it's included in the cgpa. Not highly regarded by foreign universities but important for local. You'll realise how much general knowledge you've gained after you finish your this subject.
3. bio, totally unnecessary. FMT, if you're aiming for top unis like imperial, having this subject does give you some advantage.
yiling is offline   Reply With Quote
wilsonkokwoon Male
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 07-05-2013 Default Re: Form 6 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiling View Post
1. Yes, it's fully conducted in BM. You learn about Malaysia government, from federal to local, Malaysia policies, international organizations, current issues (from environment to humanity), analysis of graphs and so on. One of the must-pass subject in stpm because it's included in the cgpa. Not highly regarded by foreign universities but important for local. You'll realise how much general knowledge you've gained after you finish your this subject.
3. bio, totally unnecessary. FMT, if you're aiming for top unis like imperial, having this subject does give you some advantage.
is it a need to take further maths if i intend to pursue chemical engineering for degree?
wilsonkokwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#5 Old 07-05-2013 Default Re: Form 6 2013

No. Maths T is sufficient.