ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

"Not for Muslims" printed in front of Bible

endymion_serene
Super Junior Member

#11 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation
On a lighter note, I am glad that I don't need to take a bath before reading the bible. You cannot take your bath anywhere you want so does it mean you cannot read the Quran anywhere you want? Thanks, just abit curious.
in respond to salvation's curiosity, its never a problem to read the Quran anywhere or anytime a muslim wants. in a matter of respect to the book that give them guidance of life, its impossible for them to touch the Quran whilst not being clean. as long as they're not in major or minor dirtiness, theyre always welcomed to do so. thanks
endymion_serene is offline   Reply With Quote
endymion_serene
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow
Frankly, on this issue, our PM is already taking a middle stand. There have been calls to ban Bible in BM, and our PM has decided to moderate in that issue, and allow Bible to be in BM, with the 3 words printed.
what the differences if there are or if there aren't bibles in BM?
this shouldnt be an issue but i believe its because they dont want people to change their religion by reading the other 'book' in their language (malay with their malay language).
however people can still read it in english nowadays, and its even easier to understand. if they think a realigion and a nation (islam and malay) are two same things, they're totally wrong...
endymion_serene is offline   Reply With Quote
misled_youth

#13 Old 21-04-2005 Default Re: "Not for Non-Muslims" printed on front of Qura

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
Sabah & Sarawak joined Malaysia since 1963. The Bible in Malay is nothing new....Only the PM is....
Wow... whatever: This is POWERFUL stuff.

*makes mental note*
________
Pattaya condominiums

Last edited by misled_youth; 03-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.
misled_youth is offline   Reply With Quote
misled_youth

#14 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow
Frankly, on this issue, our PM is already taking a middle stand. There have been calls to ban Bible in BM, and our PM has decided to moderate in that issue, and allow Bible to be in BM, with the 3 words printed.
But do you agree to those terms?

As Prime Minister, is Pak Lah also the head of the Malay race and the Muslim community?

Even if he is, (hypothetically) why can't there be opposition to his views?

DISCLAIMER TO MMC, Ministry of Comm, Energy etc., Police, Bkt Aman, Ministry of Internal Security: That was an HYPOTHETICAL question. Please do not come knocking on my door (unless you are offering me a job)
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by misled_youth; 03-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.
misled_youth is offline   Reply With Quote
wawa Female

#15 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
chenchow wrote:

I think those words were uncalled for. Lots of misunderstandings and civil unrest in the past were due to misunderstandings, intolerance and misguided perceptions.
For instance, people with minimal contact with the Islamic culture and religion would find it quite unacceptable and in comprehensible that Muslims find dogs 'unclean' but once understanding their reasons in religion, would have a certain tolerence towards such views instead of writing off such practices as absurd. The reciprocal works too. Muslims also need to understand the beliefs and practices of other religions and races too, since we were living together in Malaysia. Just like some of my non-Muslim friends try to learn about the holy bible of Islam just gain understanding, i think the other way should work too. Printing such words will only increase misunderstandings and perceptions, I feel.
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
balderdash

#16 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa
Quote:
chenchow wrote:

I think those words were uncalled for. Lots of misunderstandings and civil unrest in the past were due to misunderstandings, intolerance and misguided perceptions.
For instance, people with minimal contact with the Islamic culture and religion would find it quite unacceptable and in comprehensible that Muslims find dogs 'unclean' but once understanding their reasons in religion, would have a certain tolerence towards such views instead of writing off such practices as absurd. The reciprocal works too. Muslims also need to understand the beliefs and practices of other religions and races too, since we were living together in Malaysia. Just like some of my non-Muslim friends try to learn about the holy bible of Islam just gain understanding, i think the other way should work too. Printing such words will only increase misunderstandings and perceptions, I feel.
Just for the sake of argument/fun/whatever - don't you think people will be prone to do what is forbidden? It's like you see a button "Don't click" and you'd have itchy fingers and you'd want to click and see what'd happen. I mean, our younger generation is hopefully more critical (with the current education system as such, perhaps I'd have to take that back) and curious - won't they want to see what's in there? I mean - there is nothign in there to stop them apart from the three words. And yea, I agree that the PM has taken a pretty neutral stand on this issue.
balderdash is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#17 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Maybe the government do not want to see muslims being converted into Christians.

To those who attended BTN, do you still remember the "tutor" says about how worry the government is on the christians trying to expands its influence by converting some influencial people? (top secret only revealed in BTN)
PJKru

#18 Old 21-04-2005 Default

I think pak lah is afraid of his people becoming christians. wouldnt you be afraid of your people becoming muslims. but the koran is for everyone. Only it can be misread by a non muslim. even a muslim can misread the koran. you need to have all perspectives on this forum. im giving you a perspective from an angle you should know.
PJKru is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#19 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJKru
wouldnt you be afraid of your people becoming muslims.
Why should I be afraid?

I wouldn't be afraid or be estranged by friends who convert to any other religions, as long as the religion is not ajaran sesat.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Salvation

#20 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
To those who attended BTN, do you still remember the "tutor" says about how worry the government is on the christians trying to expands its influence by converting some influencial people? (top secret only revealed in BTN)
Forgive me..but what does BTN stands for?
Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote