ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Jpa 2008

Closed Thread

sNaiL0810

#1 Old 28-02-2008 Default Jpa 2008

for all junior, feel free to ask me any question about JPA in this topic.
Me and my friends will be happy to answer ur question since the SPM result is coming out
btw, I am a JPA scholar currently study at Taylor's University College who are going to go Canada for further study
I am taking ICPU course
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sNaiL0810 For This Useful Post:
chiachean Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 28-02-2008 Default

haha, count me in

I am also a JPA scholar , now studying in KBU International College, Australian bound..

I am taking AUSMAT, anyway..
The Following User Says Thank You to chiachean For This Useful Post:
Appolo

#3 Old 28-02-2008 Default

Could you try and not start another thread about jpa?

I'm sorry if i might sound like a wet blanket but I woulkd really appreciate it if the thread is to be directed to other related threads instead like the one on scholarships or scholarship holder.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Appolo For This Useful Post:
wendy191
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 28-02-2008 Default

okay, since the interview part focus on the major / current / local issues, anyone have the list of the issues happened in 2007?

As i browse through the old thread, i found out that normally the interview is conducted in groups.But would anyone mind to enlighten me with the details? For example, how long would the interview be conducted, are we given time to prepare before doing presentation and etc..

Besides, what should we prepare before going for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

-- Charles F. Kettering
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wendy191 For This Useful Post:
sNaiL0810

#5 Old 28-02-2008 Default

Wendy191, the intervie is conducted as a group but not individual. It is usually five people in one room and it is arranged according to the alphabetical order.
The question might be various and they will ask u to introduce urself first.
Based on my experience last year, the panels ask us to introduce ourself in Malay and answer the question with English.
The interview time cannot be estimate because there might be some interviewer spend a lot of time on asking question.
There is no time given for u to think of the question and they will ask u to answer the question directly.
Prepare urself and its is always good to prepare a script to introduce urself before u go for interview.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sNaiL0810 For This Useful Post:
Sillyboy Male
Slightly Senior Member

#6 Old 28-02-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sNaiL0810
Wendy191, the intervie is conducted as a group but not individual. It is usually five people in one room and it is arranged according to the alphabetical order.
The question might be various and they will ask u to introduce urself first.
Based on my experience last year, the panels ask us to introduce ourself in Malay and answer the question with English.
The interview time cannot be estimate because there might be some interviewer spend a lot of time on asking question.
There is no time given for u to think of the question and they will ask u to answer the question directly.
Prepare urself and its is always good to prepare a script to introduce urself before u go for interview.
The interview is absolutely ridiculous. They resorted to such a gimmick due to the sheer numbers of application every year. And to Wendy191, you are required to 'fight' for your chance to answer the
interviewer's question, as if you're in a game show but lacked the usual buzzer available for contestants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sillyboy For This Useful Post:
Appolo

#7 Old 29-02-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyboy
The interview is absolutely ridiculous. They resorted to such a gimmick due to the sheer numbers of application every year. And to Wendy191, you are required to 'fight' for your chance to answer the
interviewer's question, as if you're in a game show but lacked the usual buzzer available for contestants.
Well, being too competitive and dominat would cost you dearly in terms of the interviwers' impression of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Appolo For This Useful Post:
sNaiL0810

#8 Old 29-02-2008 Default

i agree with apollo, i have seen people talk "too much" not chosen, so be moderate but do talk
The Following User Says Thank You to sNaiL0810 For This Useful Post:
Vint

#9 Old 29-02-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sNaiL0810
i agree with apollo, i have seen people talk "too much" not chosen, so be moderate but do talk
it's better to talk more rather than being moderate i think...i do grab my chance to talk as much as i could during the session but there's the other guy,claiming that he's the national debater and keep on rejecting my point and ended up got rejected...what i'll like to suggest here is that you should pin out your points and let it be a smooth flow rather than forcing yourself to give out irrelevant opinion during the session..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vint For This Useful Post:
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#10 Old 01-03-2008 Default

Perhaps interview does help, but I think results still matter the most. I think you'll still be rejected even you perform superbly in interview if you results are not good enough, especially in critical courses. Anyway, you must give your best shot....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miracle_seed For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread