ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Mahathir, Delusional & Mentally Impaired?

Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#1 Old 09-05-2008 Default Mahathir, Delusional & Mentally Impaired?

After 2 decades of manipulating the system, skewing the judicial and dividing Malaysians. He still thinks Malaysians are dumb. I'm not sure how out of touch he is with Malaysian or he is just losing it?

Quoting from his blog, yes he has a blog too now. ( http://www.chedet.com/2008/05/ex-gratia-payment.html )

"It was reported in the newspapers today that as Petronas Adviser, I am paid RM15,000 a month, not by the Government but by Petronas. I would like to state that this income is taxable and a sum of RM4,500 is deducted monthly."

Well, last time i checked petronas is owned by the government. Also, Newspapers reported 1 million, not 180 thousand. Can some knock some sense into him?

He must be fuming reading his copy of TIME last week. His former deputy was named amongst the 100 most influential people. Must be hard being him nowadays.

I just can;t believe he had the nerve to even mention that he didn't seek this money and is pointing out how he never got his pension at 65.

I wonder how you got to have such a big house, big car, big boat, big planes by just living of that 15k a month pay.

Last edited by Thirdshifter; 09-05-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#2 Old 09-05-2008 Default

It amazes me how Mahathir manage to attract hundreds of pure-adulatory (but no content) comments in each of his post, despite some of his past doings which basically undermined the whole government's integrity and partly precipitated its current crisis.

Do these people read blogs or alternative media at all, even though they have access to the internet?

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
PaTiEnT Female
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 10-05-2008 Default

The words 'mentally impaired' caught my attention. It might be dementia People choose to believe what they believe despite what they read. Hence the Mahathir fans.
PaTiEnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Olataro

#4 Old 10-05-2008 Default

Careful, we might all get caught under the ISA act.............>()<

Plus..........i mistaken Vseehua for a babe

*vomit*

How much of a loser i could become?????
Olataro is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#5 Old 10-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olataro View Post
Eeer, this is 2008 lah. Lambast Abdullah and get ISA is a possibility; but criticise Mahathir? You might get some thank you card, actually.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#6 Old 10-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdshifter View Post

"It was reported in the newspapers today that as Petronas Adviser, I am paid RM15,000 a month, not by the Government but by Petronas. I would like to state that this income is taxable and a sum of RM4,500 is deducted monthly."

Well, last time i checked petronas is owned by the government. Also, Newspapers reported 1 million, not 180 thousand. Can some knock some sense into him?
Just a small correction to make.

1 Million was the COMBINED annual income of Mahathir, Abdul Hamid Othman and Shahrizat who both work as "advisers" for different organizations. So, yeah, that may explain the so-called "discrepancy".

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
PaTiEnT Female
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 10-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olataro View Post
LOL. I only have these words:

BRING IT ON!
PaTiEnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Olataro

#8 Old 10-05-2008 Default

Our goverment is hard stuff...........they can "challenge" certain ppl and end up suing other people for the similiar offense that they did...........understand wat i mean?

Plus..........i mistaken Vseehua for a babe

*vomit*

How much of a loser i could become?????
Olataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alexis Ma
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#9 Old 18-05-2008 Default

It's not easy getting out of power.

Just looooook at him - he's been quite the One-Man Army of Malaysia for years. Throwing people into jail with a twitch of his nose, raising TWIN phallic symbols in the heart of KL, defying the West and all those other heroics...

Were those beneficial for Malaysia? I'l let you figure that out. Nevertheless, seeing his deputy being less of a megalomaniac must be a thorn in his behind. So, please, sympathise with Dr Mahathir.

P.S. If we get arrested by the ISA I will probably have the time to study Law... No DotA, no school, no distractions. And get to hobnob with political bloggers to boot!

#10 Old 18-05-2008 Default

Don't blame him lah... Dah nyanyuk dah...