ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

View Poll Results: Which course/programme in NTU that would attract you to study at NTU, Singapore?
Business & Accountancy 32 21.77%
Engineering 66 44.90%
Communication Studies 1 0.68%
Education Studies 3 2.04%
Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) 22 14.97%
Science (Mathematical Science) 10 6.80%
Linguistic Studies 1 0.68%
Information Technology 2 1.36%
Economics, Psychology 9 6.12%
Sport Sience & Management 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

confuser008 Male

#1 Old 18-04-2009 Default Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Finally, I got an admission offer by NTU but instead of my first choice, I have been given the third choice, i.e. Mathematics & Economics. I should realize that entry to Accountancy and Business in NTU is difficult for me. Nevertheless, I have been offered the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship for my course commencing 2009. Or should I say that, it's a compensation to me for not being accepted to my first choice?

Anyway, anyone of you has received admission application outcome form NTU? Seems like all the closing dates have passed and the notification of results will have to be released in this few weeks. When I went for the scholarship interview in March 2009, the officers told me that the application outcome for STPM and A-Level qualification (well, I'm UEC holder) will be released soon. Hope all of you who have applied for admission or scholarship to NTU may share your opinion, comments or any disagreement regarding your perspective on NTU. Whatever including admission, courses, scholarships and etc are welcomed to be discussed!

#2 Old 18-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Admission results will be announced within this month for applicants with STPM qualifications. For the scholarship interviews for STPM applicants it will be held in May.
So just keep on obsessing with the NTU application homepage until your f5 button malfunctions.
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 18-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Admission results will be announced within this month for applicants with STPM qualifications. For the scholarship interviews for STPM applicants it will be held in May.
So just keep on obsessing with the NTU application homepage until your f5 button malfunctions.
hey.. eurytos, why u so sure they will announce within this month??
haha.. jus wondering
StArFiSh_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#4 Old 18-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArFiSh_90 View Post
hey.. eurytos, why u so sure they will announce within this month??
haha.. jus wondering
Because it is stated on their official admission website -_-
http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/Interna...ionStatus.aspx
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 20-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Hie, been obsessed since March Have any other recommers recieved their application results? Applying for Sociology (1st choice - a little off for an engineering school xD)

Do they release their results in batches like NUS where they filter the best students and give their results first?

I am a STPM student.

Oh, and congratulations Confuser, looks like Singapore is your destiny
________
CHRYSLER LH PLATFORM

Last edited by pinknotebook; 20-02-2011 at 12:24 AM.
pinknotebook is offline   Reply With Quote
confuser008 Male

#6 Old 20-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknotebook View Post
Hie, been obsessed since March Have any other recommers recieved their application results? Applying for Sociology (1st choice - a little off for an engineering school xD)

Do they release their results in batches like NUS where they filter the best students and give their results first?

I am a STPM student.

Oh, and congratulations Confuser, looks like Singapore is your destiny
Haha...yaya, Pinknotebook, S'pore definitely is my aim! Hope that you can successfully get admitted for your first chocie and be shorlisted for the scholarships like me...haha...all the best to all of you!
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 20-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Hi guys and gals,
Just to let you all know, there's a forum by Malaysian students in NTU. The link is given here:
http://www.ntumsa.org/forum/
You can post questions about scholarships, loans, accomodation, courses, etc. and life in NTU in general. At the same time, you can get to know more freshmen like yourselves. Feel free to bombard questions and seniors will be more than willing to help you.

By the way, I am a current student in NTU.
chaos_pi is offline   Reply With Quote
cheanrocks Female

#8 Old 23-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

I got an offer to study Psychology. I don't know if I should be thrilled about it because it wasn't what I wanted to study but it was my first choice for NTU. NTU does not have the course I wanted, only NUS. :/ Sigh, but I really wanna study in Singapore. I have no idea what to do..
cheanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
bubblezlott3 Female

#9 Old 23-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

I got an offer to read Economics in NTU. Omg so happy though it was not my first choice course. *glows
bubblezlott3 is offline   Reply With Quote
lawteoh Male

#10 Old 23-04-2009 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheanrocks View Post
I got an offer to study Psychology. I don't know if I should be thrilled about it because it wasn't what I wanted to study but it was my first choice for NTU. NTU does not have the course I wanted, only NUS. :/ Sigh, but I really wanna study in Singapore. I have no idea what to do..
I have the same predicament also.. I apply Bioengineering as my first choice for NTU, and somehow, I manage to get it.. Is bioengineering very difficult? Anyway, I din take physics during STPM. dunno whether I should accept it or not..
lawteoh is offline   Reply With Quote