ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA Social Science 2009

angel_tnp29 Female

#1 Old 15-05-2009 Default JPA Social Science 2009

Anyone here got scholarship from JPA for social science?

nguongping.blogspot.com
angel_tnp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
lowray
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 15-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

I wonder what social science graduates do?Particulaly malaysia... anyway, this is part of my thoughts on that..Social sc is very popular overseas but not Malaysia..
u can see those students esp malay, they study soc sc in malay and end up being a teacher or professor. while overseas, like USA and Uk, they become the top notch professor and involve in a huge bunch of international reseach ,and thus if the medium of instruction for soc sc is implemented in english, i believe malaysia too can be as famous and getting the oppurtunity to involve in international research..i am afraid our country not being able to do that since the current syllabus in IPTA is fully in malay for arts subjects..
lowray is offline   Reply With Quote
magtum Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 15-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

I'm the one.
I change my course from medicine to social science during my interview. And they allowed me to do so by filling up the form.
Normally, which country we will be sent to?
magtum is offline   Reply With Quote
angel_tnp29 Female

#4 Old 15-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowray View Post
I wonder what social science graduates do?Particulaly malaysia... anyway, this is part of my thoughts on that..Social sc is very popular overseas but not Malaysia..
u can see those students esp malay, they study soc sc in malay and end up being a teacher or professor. while overseas, like USA and Uk, they become the top notch professor and involve in a huge bunch of international reseach ,and thus if the medium of instruction for soc sc is implemented in english, i believe malaysia too can be as famous and getting the oppurtunity to involve in international research..i am afraid our country not being able to do that since the current syllabus in IPTA is fully in malay for arts subjects..
omg...I'm going to IPTA for social science...I didnt get straight A1, so I didnt appeal for overseas program and just accept my fate for being placed in IPTA...

nguongping.blogspot.com
davidchak

#5 Old 20-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by magtum View Post
I'm the one.
I change my course from medicine to social science during my interview. And they allowed me to do so by filling up the form.
Normally, which country we will be sent to?
might be sent to Canada. I am one of those social science scholar sent to canada (batch 2007)
davidchak is offline   Reply With Quote
angel_tnp29 Female

#6 Old 20-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchak View Post
might be sent to Canada. I am one of those social science scholar sent to canada (batch 2007)
Hmm..were you giving any chance to pick any course that u want as long as it is under social science? As I got IPTA, I'm thinking to go to UKM for Diplomasi..

nguongping.blogspot.com
magtum Female
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 20-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchak View Post
Hi davidchak!
I just want to ask before you go to canada, do you study in malaysia first? then which university in malaysia?
angel_tnp29 Female

#8 Old 20-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by magtum View Post
Hi davidchak!
I just want to ask before you go to canada, do you study in malaysia first? then which university in malaysia?
so u got overC one? Congratz~ so which course that u want to do under social science?

nguongping.blogspot.com
davidchak

#9 Old 21-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

lol, golden rule for social science & humanities : it is basically everything excluding science, engineering and medicine (music, masscomm, economics, psychology, sociology, poli sci...and MANY MORE)

I am studying Psychology. my pre U course is done in Taylors COllege (Intl canadian pre U)
davidchak is offline   Reply With Quote
magtum Female
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 21-05-2009 Default Re: JPA Social Science 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_tnp29 View Post
so u got overC one? Congratz~ so which course that u want to do under social science?
Thanks.
I think I will choose Psychology.