ReCom.org
The Spammers Association Click here to visit this social group

HOS VI: Silence is the key

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #3031 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
So nothing could possibly shake your belief in Christianity? Not even proving that Jesus didn't exist?
Good luck in your attempt to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
This is ridiculous circular reasoning.

Homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says so. Why does the Bible say homosexuality is wrong? Because homosexuality is wrong.

There is just no way to break that cycle. It makes absolute no sense from a logical point of view.

And you seem to think that EVERYBODY ubiquitously believes that homosexuality is wrong. Not everyone on Earth is a Christian fundamentalist, Shuwen. There are MANY Christians who disagree with that line of thought. Just ask Obama.
I believe you know perfectly well whether homosexuality is right or wrong depends on your point of view. From the liberal way and 'logical' point of view, it can be right. I mean, everything can be right depending on your perception. No offence to Dominic, but a person who uphold some certain perceptions/principles will definitely stand for their beliefs and rights, for instance homosexuality.

In Christianity, many events that happened in the Bible are inexplicable even by the modern science and common sense. So it's forseeable that Bible will, at many points, raise many doubts and questions to people who tend to deal with problems logically and objectively. We don't judge solely because the Bible says so. It's true that the Bible was written by many men anointed by God and it is correct in ways that could be seen unfathomable for men, for God's ways and thoughts are always greater than men.

Quote:
Homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says so. Why does the Bible say homosexuality is wrong? Because homosexuality is wrong.
Nope, this shouldn't be the answer. In fact you are not even in the position of answering the question since you are not a Christian, I presume? What the Bible truly says, will require Christian to pray for the scriptures that he/she has just read, for God and the Holy Spirit to move and reveal to the person. We don't say something is wrong only because the Bible says so, but we say something is wrong for reason.

This is my own personal answer. Homosexuality is wrong because it does not fulfill the primary objective of procreation, neither does it please God. As what Christianity upholds, God created the world in such a perfect manner because He loves all of us. God created man and woman, apart from creating a soulmate for Adam (the first man created), also for the reproduction purpose.

Homosexuality concerns of two individuals of the same gender to have relationship and fight for the right to be accepted by the society. Fighting for homosexuality in a liberal society doesn't seem wrong, as both individuals enjoy each other's company and are happy with each other's presence, but it doesn't fulfill the the natural ends of the human sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
I'd be really amazed at her trolling skills if the mods decide to lock this thread, a thread where you can write almost anything under the sun.

By the way, nobody celebrated the 3000th post mark? Poor Boyz... I'll throw some confetti for him
LOL! Congrats Boyz_Zoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
There are many interpretations of the bible. Stop thinking that only yours is right. There are other christians/bishops/clerics who interpret the bible differently.

By the way, you missed my point yet again. I'm not gay because I enjoy sex with guys, I'm gay because I fall in love with men. And sex with animals isn't consensual, it's a one-sided thing, meant to pleasure only the person.
I think I've explained well enough above. True enough, there are many different Bible interpretations by different people. This is because God has different plans for different persons, and to shed light on people based on their own respective circumstances. The interpretations of Bible verses are personal and shall not be done in the basis of self-centeredness; it is done based on our conviction to God.

Fall in love with men? Interesting. May I ask you a few questions, out of curiousity.

1) What is your definition of 'love'?

2) What are the criteria that a man shall fulfill, for you to fall in love with him?

3) Have you truly loved someone, except your parents?

4) What has/have caused you to no longer love the guy that you used to love, if any?

5) Are you in a relationship now? If not, do you love any of your guy friends now? Does he know about it, if any?
__________________
=[(*The Three Rules of Work*)]=

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=


Feel free to visit my blog here!!!

Last edited by Nicholasng925; 05-08-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator
 
henry_yew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,567
  #3032 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Shouldn't this kind of discussion more apt at the Dominic's LGBT thread, Nicholasng925?
__________________
[]
henry_yew is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 853
  #3033 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
Why so immoral, Dominic? Insaf laaaaaaaaa
Ah, my immoral soul! How could I ever forgive myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
Yeah lah, Dom (I wonder if anyone actually called you Dom - if not, I'll be the first ), kenapa tak moral? Taubat la......
Haha, you're not the first. But then again.....the Moral lessons I had in high school must have failed me...damn, all that time spent memorizing the 36 'nilai-nilai moral', and none of them have any effect on me...
__________________
"But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.

Last edited by Dominic; 05-08-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
eve88 Female
Member
 
eve88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 446
  #3034 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Hm. If the primary objective of human sexuality is to ... make babies, then presumably any form of increased fertility (including IVF) should be accepted and encouraged - which brings me to : If a homosexual couple decide to bring up a child together (by however means), that would fulfill the aim of procreation.
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 853
  #3035 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post

1) What is your definition of 'love'?

2) What are the criteria that a man shall fulfill, for you to fall in love with him?

3) Have you truly loved someone, except your parents?

4) What has/have caused you to no longer love the guy that you used to love, if any?

5) Are you in a relationship now? If not, do you love any of your guy friends now? Does he know about it, if any?
1. Love: Caring a lot more for someone than you would normally do. Do something mundane like washing the dishes and wishing he could be there doing it with you. Missing him when you're not together. Wanting to share the things that happened to you during the day. Feeling like you could share everything and anything at all. Looking at him and just feeling yourself melt at the smile on his face. Holding him and never wanting to let go. Cuddling in bed, having your arms around each other; the best feeling in the world. Making love instead of having sex, an emotional journey instead of a mere physical one (one of the reasons why I won't sleep with someone I don't feel deeply for).

2. He needs to gain my full trust first, which isn't easy. Other things are probably the same as you would expect for anyone else.

3. Yes (well, other than my sister and nephew, that is)

4. I am a monogamous guy, always have been and always will be. He is polygamous, and I thought I could handle it at first, but then I couldn't. So we decided to just be friends. I've largely gotten over him, considering it's been more than 6 months, but there's still some feelings left, which will probably always be there. He is one amazing guy, and the first man I ever loved.

5. Nope, I'm not in a relationship now. Would love to, but not going to force it to happen. And why would I 'love' any of my guy friends? As friends, maybe, but romantically and sexually, no. You don't fall in love with someone that easily. It takes time. Feelings you develop overnight are more of a crush than anything else. I have some very close friends here, all of whom know I'm gay, and none of them care. We just behave as normal friends would, without sexuality factoring into the equation.

NOTE: I get the impression that you think falling in love as a gay man is different from falling in love as a straight man. There is no difference. We feel exactly the same way you do when we fall in love. It's not all about sex. If it was, no one would want to be in a relationship, or get married. Everyone would just spend the rest of their lives having sex with as many people as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
This is my own personal answer. Homosexuality is wrong because it does not fulfill the primary objective of procreation, neither does it please God. As what Christianity upholds, God created the world in such a perfect manner because He loves all of us. God created man and woman, apart from creating a soulmate for Adam (the first man created), also for the reproduction purpose.

Homosexuality concerns of two individuals of the same gender to have relationship and fight for the right to be accepted by the society. Fighting for homosexuality in a liberal society doesn't seem wrong, as both individuals enjoy each other's company and are happy with each other's presence, but it doesn't fulfill the the natural ends of the human sexuality.
I don't get the obsession with procreation. The world is overpopulated as it is, and yet we still want to bring more children into it. At a point in time, yes, the world needed more inhabitants, but now, with forests being rapidly destroyed to make way for homes/towns etc, cities being filled to capacity, there really isn't a solid reason to want to create more kids. And then there's the matter of all the children in orphanages, all of whom have to grow up in an austere atmosphere, without loving parents. Many gay couples I know would love to adopt some of these kids and give them a better life in a loving family, but they can't. Why? Because the law is incredibly biased towards Christianity/Islam.

If anything that doesn't lead to procreation is wrong, then masturbation would be wrong. Oral sex would be wrong. Deciding not to get married would be wrong. Not wanting to have kids would be wrong. But the thing is, you can't stop people from doing any of the above. you can't force someone to stop masturbating, or a couple to stop having oral sex, or forcing two people into marriage just so they could procreate. You don't walk into homes and tell people they MUST have kids. You don't create laws and hold protests about them. The same applies to homosexuality. What you believe is what you believe, but at the end of the day, no one should force their beliefs down another person's throat. And supporting laws that prevent gay couples from being together and getting married is an expression of your religion, to others who have nothing to do with it. A friend of mine put it aptly, "If you as a Christian disagree with homosexuality, then don't let them get married in churches. That's it. But don't make laws preventing them from getting married just because it's against your beliefs, because it is wrong to force your beliefs on someone."

Lastly, it's not simply an 'enjoyment of each other's company' or 'happiness
at each other's presence'. Those two qualities would not make two people want to stay together for the rest of their lives. It's a lot more than that. a relationship starts with love, but only two people who really want to be together can make it work all the way to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
Ohhh... the notorious Chick-Fil-A day that was held yesterday?

Well, look what happened!



Beautiful, ain't it?
Here's more (sorry for the extra large image size):

__________________
"But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.

Last edited by Dominic; 05-08-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominic For This Useful Post:
vseehua
The Student
Administrator
 
vseehua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,883
  #3036 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Don't turn this thread into yet another discussion about whether LGBT is legal/permitted/allowed thread.
__________________
"Never argue with an idiot (or a troll)… they’ll just drag you down to their level and beat you to a pulp with their experience." -Internet 1:1

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer
 
Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 533
  #3037 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
Good luck in your attempt to prove it.
Well, I had a crack at proving the falsifiability of the Bible and despite reposting that post multiple times, none of those concerns have been defended?

http://www.recom.org/forum/showpost....4&postcount=74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
I mean, everything can be right depending on your perception. No offence to Dominic, but a person who uphold some certain perceptions/principles will definitely stand for their beliefs and rights, for instance homosexuality.
Disagree. That gives any form of belief too much liberty to indulge in matters of their own faith, which is a dangerous precedent. If anything can be right depending on perception and that we should defend our beliefs no matter what, that pretty much makes anything done under the name of religion permissible. Which of course, you and I know is a very scary prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
In Christianity, many events that happened in the Bible are inexplicable even by the modern science and common sense. So it's forseeable that Bible will, at many points, raise many doubts and questions to people who tend to deal with problems logically and objectively. We don't judge solely because the Bible says so. It's true that the Bible was written by many men anointed by God and it is correct in ways that could be seen unfathomable for men, for God's ways and thoughts are always greater than men.
Hmm, so is the Bible infallible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
Nope, this shouldn't be the answer. In fact you are not even in the position of answering the question since you are not a Christian, I presume? What the Bible truly says, will require Christian to pray for the scriptures that he/she has just read, for God and the Holy Spirit to move and reveal to the person. We don't say something is wrong only because the Bible says so, but we say something is wrong for reason.
Strongly disagree to the first phrase in bold. I do not need to be part of a faith to comment on matters of that faith. A valid concern is a valid concern regardless.

Also, if Christians don't say something is wrong because the Bible says so and do it on reason, why even bother using the Bible as a source? Why not just use... reason? It seems like you're admitting that the Bible needs to be taken with a HUGE pinch of salt and that a lot of the messages derived require copious amounts of value judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
This is my own personal answer. Homosexuality is wrong because it does not fulfill the primary objective of procreation, neither does it please God. As what Christianity upholds, God created the world in such a perfect manner because He loves all of us. God created man and woman, apart from creating a soulmate for Adam (the first man created), also for the reproduction purpose.
See post by Dominic.

http://www.recom.org/forum/showpost....7&postcount=28

He makes a very strong case about how God isn't too fussed by homosexuality and how many other things 'do not please God.'


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
Homosexuality concerns of two individuals of the same gender to have relationship and fight for the right to be accepted by the society. Fighting for homosexuality in a liberal society doesn't seem wrong, as both individuals enjoy each other's company and are happy with each other's presence, but it doesn't fulfill the the natural ends of the human sexuality.
Homosexuality is extremely pervasive in the animal kingdom. Literally thousands of animal species exhibit homosexual behaviour for a number of complex interpersonal and social reasons. If homosexuality is not 'natural', it would have died out thousands of years ago. The Bible does not define what is natural or not. Science does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Don't turn this thread into yet another discussion about whether LGBT is legal/permitted/allowed thread.
Why not? This is such an expansive topic that touches on so many religious, scientific and social issues- it will veer off topic in a heartbeat if done in the old LGBT thread so this is probably the safest place to conducted a discussion as long as it is within boundaries and reasonable? Which, of course, we will try to be. I don't think Nicholasng925 is as big of a troll as Shuwen.
__________________
Inspire and be inspired.

Last edited by Young; 05-08-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Young is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator
 
henry_yew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,567
  #3038 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Don't turn this thread into yet another discussion about whether LGBT is legal/permitted/allowed thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
Why not? This is such an expansive topic that touches on so many religious, scientific and social issues- it will veer off topic in a heartbeat if done in the old LGBT thread so this is probably the safest place to conducted a discussion as long as it is within boundaries and reasonable? Which, of course, we will try to be. I don't think Nicholasng925 is as big of a troll as Shuwen.
Though it is an expansive topic, this is not the thread to do it. We have appropriate threads for appropriate topics so that we don't end up cluttering the forum.

As far as "within boundaries and reasonable" is concerned, don't just "try to be". Think before you write. Don't write, then think.

Consider this a stern warning - I don't care whether your arguments are sound or not, but none of us mods are going to tolerate with lack of diplomacy, lack of courtesy and blatant disregard of rules. As far as I am concerned, if I catch anyone wreaking havoc and a second/third/etc. person reacts negatively such that it only makes matters worse, I'm going to take action against the person perpetrating the menace, and also against the person(s) making the matter worse.

In short:

  1. No flaming
  2. No calling of names
  3. Be courteous at all times
  4. Be responsible with your words
You always have the option to just walk away when you feel that you can't contain your negative emotions any longer.

Edit: I should make it clear that this applies to every ReCom user.
__________________
[]

Last edited by henry_yew; 05-08-2012 at 11:23 AM.
henry_yew is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer
 
ayjiahui's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 478
  #3039 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Don't turn this thread into yet another discussion about whether LGBT is legal/permitted/allowed thread.
uhh, don't you think you guys are a being a little bit too strict? i mean, sometimes you enforce certain rules more strictly than others. and this is coming from the point of view that this LGBT discussion isn't even harmful to anyone and, in fact, people are discussing this quite happily here.

and isn't that the point of a forum? to discuss things happily? not to enforce rules and contain things in certain threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
[b][color=olive]
You always have the option to just walk away when you feel that you can't contain your negative emotions any longer.

Edit: I should make it clear that this applies to every ReCom user.
i know all the mods are in the favor of walking away. and maybe, in an ideal world, this would be easy to do. but let's get real for a second. you can't exactly control everyone to walk away all at once. too many variables, too many people. so, you know what, it's NEVER going to work.

i know the mods are always talking about walking away but geez this is a forum. at this point, this selective enforcement thing is really killing the spirit of the forum.

frankly, you guys have tolerated shuwen on so many levels. not only does she NOT learn, she does the same things repeatedly, after multiple thread locks, and after being banned.

so, my question to the mods is this- are you guys going to leave this situation and *hope* it dies a natural death?
__________________
Blog|Formspring: got a question?

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler français! PM me!)

Last edited by ayjiahui; 05-08-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote
ApriliaGuy Male
Super Junior Member
 
ApriliaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 23
  #3040 Old 05-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjiahui View Post
and isn't that the point of a forum? to discuss things happily? not to enforce rules and contain things in certain threads?
Well, if you've visited the GameFAQs board before... worst moderation system ever; mods more trigger-happy than the Israeli military
__________________
ApriliaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApriliaGuy For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.17114 seconds with 15 queries