ReCom.org
Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

Life After Death

shuwenteo
Cremated

#1 Old 11-06-2012 Lightbulb Life After Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2LvMvhmeq8

Last edited by shuwenteo; 31-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.
shuwenteo is offline   Reply With Quote
frankchong

#2 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

There is no scientific evidence. The scientific method is not used/presented in its investigation. The basic attribute of science is that it has to be reproducible by a third party. Can these "results" be used to form a hypothesis, verified by experiments and reproducible? If not, it is not science.
frankchong is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#3 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
Is there life after death? You can debate all you want, but if you look at the scientific evidence - drawing on a decade's worth of research on near-death experiences, the answer is unequivocally yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckvT9z-DcY
Some anecdotal evidence of visions of people who nearly died or were resuscitated after cardiorespiratory arrest do NOT count as an unequivocal proof of "life after death" - the most it could stand for is the existence of mental experience of people who are going through brain hypoxia as the body goes into a shutdown. A lot more other people who have been resuscitated do not report any near-death experience.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngyew For This Useful Post:
frankchong

#4 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

Even if these experiences can be repeated with different human beings, it still does not constitute science. It can only be recorded as one's experience near death. It is just like a record of one's trip, it is simply a recorded statement. It is just like history, myth ..., they are not science.
The mind can "see" and "experience" a lot of things, but it does not mean they are real. People have done it through drugs, virtual reality shows, simulations ...
Wait until the day when brain transplant is possible, computers are powerful enough to emulate human behaviour, we will have a totally new meaning of life. If would be fun if we can transfer all the states, functions and memory contents in a human brains to allow him/her to continue to live in a computer!
frankchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#5 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

Just because some people report that they can 'see' when they were supposedly (clinically, it has to be added) dead does not mean there is 'life' after death.

I take the terms 'life after death' to mean that people retain some form of consciousness, whether within the body or out, after death - and not clinical death, which has been reversed, but the 10-years-buried type of death.

Therefore, these 'near-death' experiences don't quite cut it - since we can't say they actually died conclusively, to assert that their ability to 'see' at the time is proof that consciousness after physical death exists isn't correct.

Proof of 'life after death' to me would mean ghosts, plain and simple. And as far as I know there isn't any reproducible scientific evidence for that either.
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#6 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
Is there life after death? You can debate all you want, but if you look at the scientific evidence - drawing on a decade's worth of research on near-death experiences, the answer is unequivocally yes.
If you consider anecdotal hearsay as 'scientific evidence', then you don't know science.
adele123 Female

#7 Old 11-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

I don't even understand why is there a topic on this...

to nicholas, i think the definition of life after death would be different for those who are non-atheist.

like nicholas said, it's near-death experience... it's different
chrystal Female
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

Indeed, there is life after death yet there is no scientific evidence as love and affection are not proven by science. But people who experience near death or comatose has experience the life beyond this life though it is only their story.
chrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Koreandude
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

My opinion to this topic : YES
Reason : No reason
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 17-10-2012 Default Re: Life After Death

interesting video, I reckon there is something more than just life after death.