ReCom.org
Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Kursus Tatanegara

chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#1 Old 28-11-2003 Default Kursus Tatanegara

GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED students who wish to further their studies overseas will be required to pass the Kursus Tatanegara.

This is to enable them to increase their understanding about the inner self and the country's administration.

This is the quotation from newspaper, and to know more about it, check out the following links:-

http://www2.recom.org:8000/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

Lets discuss this issue.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#2 Old 28-11-2003 Default

I have been to BTN (Biro Tatanegara) camp in Ulu Kenas, Kuala Kangsar, Perak...

I have experienced Malay's adat bercukut in a kampung..

an old man says that during his childhood time people have no chance even to go to secondary school.... they have to walk far away to a sekolah pondok, where tables and chairs are self-made.

and the Japanese armies were chopping people's head at the time..

so how lucky we are...

but somehow one or two speakers touched on sensitive issues...
hhmmm...
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#3 Old 28-11-2003 Default

damn, the goverment is trying hard to make sure all the students come back and vote for them.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote

#4 Old 28-11-2003 Default

BTN should be scrapped. The govt is trying too hard to control ppl behavior.

the big brother is watching you.

#5 Old 28-11-2003 Default

crap, that was me from St. Louis. forgot to login.

__earth
Schye Male
Veteran N00b

#6 Old 28-11-2003 Default

I still remember that we had the same discussion in communityzero and my opinion is still the same.

A BRAIN WASH CAMP

The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way.'

- Grace Murray Hopper
Schye is offline   Reply With Quote
royston

#7 Old 28-11-2003 Default

I am sorry to post this but can anyone explain to me what is Kursus Tatanegara? Is it something like Tatarakyat?

~ roy ~
retroque
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 29-11-2003 Default

hmn..my first post

I'm not sure whether the program known as KurSus tatanegara is the same with the currently Kursus BTN (Biro Tata Negara) .I dont know about u guys but the one i attended was tiring.its filled with ceramah..we sat listening to 10 hours of ceramah throughout 4 days.its better for them to adapt the OBS stye(Outbound School )like the pnb scholars attended to.
retroque is offline   Reply With Quote
silverblue

#9 Old 29-11-2003 Default

I read the very brief article in Recom News about this Kursus Tatanegara thingy.... it just says that it's something sponsored students who are to be sent overseas have to pass this test before they are qualified to fly.... even if they got admittance into MIT or Cambridge or sth like that, and fail this test, they will not be allowed to go....

But it doesn't really say what kind of test this is (oral? interview? written? physical?) and what is its format. Doesn't give much information about what is going to be its content (patriotism? another Sejarah Malaysia kinda thing? ethics? self development???).

Would really appreciate it if someone could do some research and elucidate us on this new implementation.... Does anyone have a younger sister or brother who's currently being sponsored by JPA, Petronas, Mara, Tenaga or [sth sth](forgot the other one affected) ?
silverblue is offline   Reply With Quote
silverblue

#10 Old 29-11-2003 Default

Oh, by the way,

retroque!! Welcome to Recom and thank you for your first post. I'd like to invite you to proceed to the Intro Forum so that you can tell us a little more about yourself! THanks!
silverblue is offline   Reply With Quote