ReCom.org
Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Kursus Tatanegara

Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#21 Old 30-11-2003 Default

Biro Tata Negara,A body administrated under the Jabatan perdana menteri is famously known for its role to spread the goverments doctrines to Public Servants/Worker, and Students.

A close friend of mine, if memory serves well; She spent a week at a newly built hostel a.k.a chalet in Pasir Panjang, Penang.

She sure did enjoy her time there. Great meal, nice view and of course FREE

From what i heard from her, The activities was mostly silly followed by typically once or twice a day goverment agenda of what is and what's not.

She guestimated that travelling to the location, Estimation of renting a Chalet for a week and anytime you want a meal-deal would cost at least 60 Ringgit (travel) + 60-65 Ringgit/person/perday. Multiply that to a group of 50 then think how many times do they d such thing a year?

So how can i say yeah, that all fine and dandy go ahead spent all that money, make sure those kids would vote for you and would love the country when they're living abroad?
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote

#22 Old 30-11-2003 Default

what chalet? they stuffed us in a room filled with bunk beds with hardly room to walk between the beds. hated the physical stuff. hated the ceramah stuff. the most fun i had was the part where they walk you into the woods and left you alone; best sleep i had that whole weekend
iQing

#23 Old 30-11-2003 Default

talking about food...
My friends were having diarrere (cirit birit) in BTN
I got too... luckily it's after coming back from the camp...
the food is ... not clean...
screw3d

#24 Old 02-12-2003 Default

Is this Kursus Tatanegara the same thing that we ATU7 peeps attended in Klang? I thought that it was nothing more than just one huge ceramah spread in a few days (that, I daresay, no one listened to).

I also got an absolutely horrible facilitator that would take an entire essay to describe what was wrong with him. If any of you guys cared to remember, he was the one blowing the damn whistle non-stop before/after we did the flag thing.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good and fun experience.

When in doubt, google!
screw3d is offline   Reply With Quote
__earth Male

#25 Old 02-12-2003 Default

i repeat, it sucks. the FCs are one of the most no-good-snobbering FCs. They think they are the best persons in the whole wide world.
aida_ikmal
Super Junior Member

#26 Old 10-02-2004 Default

looking forward..hahaha..
aida_ikmal is offline   Reply With Quote
aida_ikmal
Super Junior Member

#27 Old 10-02-2004 Default

looking forward..hahaha..
aida_ikmal is offline   Reply With Quote
z

#28 Old 10-02-2004 Default

hey... don't complain too much about the FCs lah... you think they really wanted to do that? the ones who're "forced" to do it obviously will be bitter.

one thing for sure is that we made their day by giving the standing ovation after their closing speech... haha you see.. it's so easy to make everyone happy!!

silverblue... what was your speech content? i forgot liao leh.. sorry recap plz.

flying fox thingy was pretty cool, too bad we can't do fancy moves.
z is offline   Reply With Quote
z

#29 Old 10-02-2004 Default

hey... don't complain too much about the FCs lah... you think they really wanted to do that? the ones who're "forced" to do it obviously will be bitter.

one thing for sure is that we made their day by giving the standing ovation after their closing speech... haha you see.. it's so easy to make everyone happy!!

silverblue... what was your speech content? i forgot liao leh.. sorry recap plz.

flying fox thingy was pretty cool, too bad we can't do fancy moves.
z is offline   Reply With Quote
kelvinlym Male

#30 Old 10-02-2004 Default

BTN was fun. Exception=the ceramahs

well, what can i say, the facilitators too seem forced to give the ceramahs