ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Do other races hate Malays?

Jack10 Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 26-03-2012 Default Do other races hate Malays?

Firstly really sorry if this is a re-thread,i already searched and cannot found thread that is similar to this,i'm still new btw.Back to the tittle,i am pretty sure all of u know the incident at kfc where a malay punch and kick a chinese.It freaks me out because i love chinese and other races,for me that incident is due to the morality and behaviour of a person not the races.Seriously i cant imagine my life without roti canai,char kuey teow and many more.I'm a malay but i am proud being a malaysian.I pretty sure u guys think of the same thing but i want to hear from your own perspective.
Jack10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male

#2 Old 26-03-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

When such incidents happen, a lot of people are quick to jump out and say it's not about race, just the individual. I think, of course there is some "racial" elements that contributed to the tension, as evidenced by the use of "babi".

(this is starting to turn into my own rants)
Also, whenever there are some racial "issues", sometimes people are quick to say "we're already independent for more than 50 years, why is there still racial issues", but you know, wanting everybody to live peacefully regardless of race doesn't mean this is reality.

Sometimes when we put all the blame to individuals we forget to assess the social structure/system that allows/encourage/precipitated in such "isolated" racial incidents.

It's fine to talk about race if everybody tries to be respectful and cool I suppose.

------------
Edit:
Oh, and I don't hate Malays. (LOL)
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Jack10 Male
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 26-03-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Totally agree with you,racism just cant escape from human mind.Just be respectful,we live in a same country.I've been all over the world and one thing i learned is that racism is everywhere,it just the matter of how we deal with it .

Oh,thanks for not hating us.haha LOL
Jack10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#4 Old 26-03-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Hmm okay, I guess this is an opportunity to be perfectly frank. I don't think the other races necessarily hate Malays out of pure racism but there is a certain degree of resentment towards the Malay race in general because we are on the losing end of affirmative, pro-Bumiputera policies (which are arguably unfair).

The whole issue of entitlement vs meritocracy makes it difficult to not feel some bitterness, especially when engaging with sections of the community whose fortunes are disproportionately well-endowed by virtue of birth right. I daresay I represent much of the educated community when I say this- we certainly dislike the circumstances surrounding Malaysia's racial dynamics but we definitely do not dislike Malays as a race. Case in point- I have nothing but absolute respect for Malays who have achieved their success based on merits.
bush
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#5 Old 27-03-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack10 View Post
Firstly really sorry if this is a re-thread,i already searched and cannot found thread that is similar to this,i'm still new btw.Back to the tittle,i am pretty sure all of u know the incident at kfc where a malay punch and kick a chinese.It freaks me out because i love chinese and other races,for me that incident is due to the morality and behaviour of a person not the races.Seriously i cant imagine my life without roti canai,char kuey teow and many more.I'm a malay but i am proud being a malaysian.I pretty sure u guys think of the same thing but i want to hear from your own perspective.
It was a rempit kurang ajar at KFC. That incident could have well happened in a pasar malam at a DVD stall manned by an ah beng.

As indicated, resentment among the non-malays exists. Those who choose not to live under this system and who are able to leave, would just quit Msia.

It's a complex issue and to change this, we would need a group of leaders who are strong enough to see through the reforms.

At the end of the day, everyone regardless of ethnicity sinks if the Malaysian boat sinks. Which implies the system has to function in such a way that it gives all Msians a reason to be proud of Msia. A reason that would drive all Msians to fight for Msia. Unfortunately, the current system alienates many non-malays. The political concept of ketuanan melayu is fundamentally incompatible for the realisation of a modern and developed Msia. So unless the ruling political class changes its political philosophy, Msia is only going to decline. I personally have no faith in the current administration and if they are returned to putrajaya this year.....it's really going to be au revoir et bonne chance, mon cher pays......

It's a sad thing that a gem in the world would end up in such disappointing state.

Last edited by bush; 27-03-2012 at 05:32 AM.
bush is offline   Reply With Quote
chrystal Female
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

I don't think so. Of course every race has its own culture and tradition but we have our individuality. Maybe there is racism or discrimination but we should not generalize our judgment. One may be bad but the other one is good. Look objectively. Thanks a lot.
chrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Female

#7 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Lol okay who is this chick and why is she bringing up so many dead threads?
Koreandude
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 20-06-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

sadly to say, racism is still quite serious in malaysia =(
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 25-08-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreandude View Post
sadly to say, racism is still quite serious in malaysia =(
Are you sure?
What makes you say this?

And if what you say is true then what is the reason that Malaysia is a racist country today?

If you were part of the political elite, what suggestions would you make to alleviate any racism in Malaysia?
Voltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#10 Old 26-08-2012 Default Re: Do other races hate Malays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
Are you sure?
What makes you say this?

And if what you say is true then what is the reason that Malaysia is a racist country today?

If you were part of the political elite, what suggestions would you make to alleviate any racism in Malaysia?
In my opinion, the Malaysians are generally kind and peace leaving people. They dun really care about race. However, the politicians luv 2 use race and religion as their political weapon.

That being said, thr is 1 point in d constitution tat enables a certain race to have a upper hand compared 2 d other races. However, this action is justified as the British discriminated these races n caused them 2 b d poorest among all the races. This special right enables to undo wat d British did. However, this special right has been exploited by certain parties enabling only a few ppl of this race to b rich while the others continue 2 suffer.