ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education

Education This is the place where we would discuss anything about education issues!!!

KYUEM Guidelines (2007/2008)

kirara1987
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 13-06-2007 Default KYUEM Guidelines (2007/2008)

I though of puting up this topic to upgrade the old topic for KYUEM to give the newcomers some idea of what KYUEM is all about... For starters, it's situated in Lembah Beringin, ( The Valley of Desire - if u directly translated in english...). The nearest town is in Tanjung Malim which is a 10 min drive from the college. However, pls note that the '?scape' procedure out of the college is quite strict, ( refer for the PBSM's tips to go around it....) and no private transports is allowed. So if u think of visiting KL every weekend, this would be a major prob. However, there will be trips arranged by the student council every month to midvalley and KLCC to avoid any student suiciding due to boredom so to speak....

One thing special bout the college is FREE FOOD!!! XD ( Yup... I'm not lying) So do worry about starving urself to death. If the food don't suit ur taste there will always be a cafe to hang out and a music room fill will guitars and a drum set to 'destress' urself... A reminder of course, if u r from east coast, sabah or sarawak, dun try and 'pindah rumah' cause u can get all the necessities from Tanjung Malim. And remember to check all ur docs and have enough money to last at least 3 months cause u don't have ATM machines to satisfy ur withdrawing needs...

U guys will be divided into 4 seperate houses(Harry Potter style)and that will determine ur accomadation. Don't worry wit privacy cause u guys will have individual rooms. A chalet with 4 ppl in it. (Teminalogy: kampung) Inside it chalet u will be provided a common room where u can study, lepak and surf the net with the chalet desktop. Warning the wireless here is kinda bad, so even if ur laptops won't be much of a help... Every laptops need to be registered to obtain the IPs for the wireless (RM 25).. With a sucky internet, I wouldn't consider of bringing one here unless u decided on taking computing. So, pls think twice before getting one....

That's all so far. For more details u can log on into KYUEM's main webpage: www.kyuem.edu.my.. Just PM me for anymore futher enquires....
kirara1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
shade
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 13-06-2007 Default

i'm taking that you've graduated from kyuem recently. just a few questions..

how's life like there, is it boring? are there many things you can do?
how a bout the rules? are there any restrictions to clothing?
how do you kill boredom there? are there like underground dota cults?

i'd ask more, just need some time to think what to ask...
shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Michy
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 13-06-2007 Default

Allow me to add a couple of things to this, as a KYUEM student.

More tips, tricks, and how to navigate college is available in a book called The Dummies Guide to KYUEM, published by our Veritas superseniors (Veritas is the college publication body) - you can borrow a copy from me when you arrive. Just ask around for Michelle. - OMG I'll be a senior soon OMG -

Also, another link to find out what's happening around KYUEM at present is http://veritasonline.wordpress.com. Veritas Online is basically the online version of the college newsletter, and I hope to keep it updated as frequently as I can for both seniors, juniors, and prospective students.

The wireless IS bad, but there really is nothing you can do at the moment as newer, better technology is pretty much very expensive. The best thing you can do is to study the wireless patterns very carefully, or just head on off to the IT lab where DoTA reigns every Friday night.

KYUEM IS pretty accessible, as long as you know how to use the facilities provided.

shade >> Clothing restrictions are limited to academic hours. They forbid jeans and T-shirts - it has to be formal or semi-formal. Outside of class hours you're allowed to wear anything you like...as long as it does not violate the Islamic code of conduct. There's also a new revised dress code in the Dining Hall - no shorts and kain pelekat at certain mealtimes. Don't you worry, nothing too restrictive.

Also, DoTA IS an underground cult here. Apparently lately the latest fad is also Counterstrike's Condition Zero. And Heroes. And Prison Break.

I'll edit or repost when I find something new to say
Michy is offline   Reply With Quote
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#4 Old 13-06-2007 Default

Wow, free food. So nice, tasty or not the food there?
capablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
kirara1987
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 13-06-2007 Default

Can't say actually . I'm the person who gobbles up everything when is free regardless how it tastes like... If ur bored u can always go to the cafe and enjoy good food la . At night got burger and pizza service. They deliver to ur chalet and wit a reasonable price....
kirara1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Michy
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 13-06-2007 Default

It's not really free per se *pokes kirara* You DO pay for the food (as part of the initial RM60,000 tuition fee), and the budget for each student per meal is roughly RM2/3 - this IS worth the money as the food you get is more than what you'd get in KL for that sum of money.
shade
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy
shade >> Clothing restrictions are limited to academic hours. They forbid jeans and T-shirts - it has to be formal or semi-formal. Outside of class hours you're allowed to wear anything you like...as long as it does not violate the Islamic code of conduct. There's also a new revised dress code in the Dining Hall - no shorts and kain pelekat at certain mealtimes. Don't you worry, nothing too restrictive.
That's too bad. I usually walk around wearing a t-shirt, 3/4 shorts and a pair of comfortable capal.

Quote:
Also, DoTA IS an underground cult here. Apparently lately the latest fad is also Counterstrike's Condition Zero. And Heroes. And Prison Break.
Yeah! Finally, my niche!
shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Michy
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade
Quote:
That's too bad. I usually walk around wearing a t-shirt, 3/4 shorts and a pair of comfortable capal.
You can wear that out of class then. And place to go to for DoTA - IT Lab 3. Keep that in mind. Lol.
WatermelonSeed
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 15-06-2007 Default

So helpful huh? Dear seniors... Haha
WatermelonSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
dearest
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 15-06-2007 Default heyyo =)

hey guys.i might be entering kyuem this july.i just wanted to know,how many people will get scholarship after their a-level?i noe that most of d students are already scholars.but what about those who are not?what are the chances to get any scholarship after finishing the exam?
dearest is offline   Reply With Quote