ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > Social Group Forums > Perakians

Perakians Click here to visit this social group

Perak, A Great State in M'sia.

The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 16-11-2008 Default Perak, A Great State in M'sia.

Perak is undeniably a great state in M'sia.There are various reasons for this...

Emm..Let me start with my hometown.It is in Perak Kinta district,a small town named Pusing.Not really a special place,but you can get delicious food in an unbelievably cheap price,e.g.RM1.50 for a burger.

Then,there is Ipoh,a city famous of pretty girls.Most of the tourist destinations in Ipoh have something to do with caves,as Ipoh is literally surrounded by mountains.Hence,it's a scenic and peaceful city,I would say.Oh..And now we have Sunway in Ipoh-The Lost World in Tambun,where you can find the longest artificial river in Asia (it's written on the brochure).Ipoh is particularly famous for its 'Bean Sprout Chicken'(direct translation),too.It's really yummy.And of course,the most genuine taste of Old Town White Coffee is only available in Old Town in Ipoh.

The town nearest to Ipoh is Menglembu.Famous for its 'Kacang Menglembu',which you can find in almost all the shops in M'sia.

Segari,near Pulau Pangkor,a place where you can say 'hello' to sea turtles(It is the place where i went for NS too).

There are of course a lot more reasons which make Perak a great place to stay and to visit.C'on Perakians,get the ball of forum rolling!

Last edited by The Myth; 16-11-2008 at 01:27 AM.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
haohao Male
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Yea....Ipoh is a really great place....There is a shopping complex which is called Ipoh Parade that is located NEAR (it's really very very near...)to my beloved school-The famous boy school in Ipoh where the students can play, sleep and eat...Thus, Ipoh Parade used to be the place where I went shopping after school (or maybe DURING school hours).....

~MIss eeePOh so much~I'm staying in a place which is 15000++km away from my beloved EEpoh right now.....~sob sob.....
haohao is offline   Reply With Quote
Vaan Male

#3 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Well said my friends, Perak is indeed a great state to live and enjoy in Malaysia. Hehe...Myth I agree Ipoh is famous for PRETTY GIRLS!!! But I doubt if the girls are natural beauty or just fake as they might put on make up.

Anyway, the food there is nice too...environment is like a mix of urban and rural don't you think, so at the same time, have entertainment like KL but yet not as hectic and filled with traffic jams like KL.

#4 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Don't forget the roads between Sitiawan/Kampar/Teluk Intan etc which are flanked with nothing but paddy fields...when it's harvest time, driving along those roads is heaven. Even when the paddy isn't golden, you get lots of little white egrets poking around in the fields for fish.
clep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan View Post
Well said my friends, Perak is indeed a great state to live and enjoy in Malaysia. Hehe...Myth I agree Ipoh is famous for PRETTY GIRLS!!! But I doubt if the girls are natural beauty or just fake as they might put on make up.
I think Ipoh girls are pretty in their nature.There is a theory stating that the 'production' of pretty girls in Ipoh is caused by the unique water that Ipoh have,as the water is originated from mountains(as mentioned before,Ipoh is surrounded by mountains).If it's true,I wonder why Ipoh is not famous for pretty boys then.

And now Ipoh have the largest Tesco in M'sia.It has just opened 4 business,not long ago.Quite a special Tesco,I would say.It has food court,children playing ground,shops,K box(if I'm not mistaken) and then the huge Tesco of course...Kinda like IoI mall...Anyone been there before?
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#6 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
And now Ipoh have the largest Tesco in M'sia.It has just opened 4 business,not long ago.Quite a special Tesco,I would say.It has food court,children playing ground,shops,K box(if I'm not mistaken) and then the huge Tesco of course...Kinda like IoI mall...Anyone been there before?
It's just a few hundred metres from my aunt's house, but I have yet to be there...

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Vaan Male

#7 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
I think Ipoh girls are pretty in their nature.There is a theory stating that the 'production' of pretty girls in Ipoh is caused by the unique water that Ipoh have,as the water is originated from mountains(as mentioned before,Ipoh is surrounded by mountains).If it's true,I wonder why Ipoh is not famous for pretty boys then.

That's what I was wondering too...why Ipoh not famous for handsome boys? hehe...I think it's rather the genetics...maybe there got many pretty girls that er after marrying, produce many many pretty daughters.

I heard the biggest Tesco in M'sia is in Taiping? Correct me if I'm wrong but I read it in newspaper.
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan View Post
That's what I was wondering too...why Ipoh not famous for handsome boys?
hey hey....that's not true...my school is full of handsome guys....I have to admit that i am one of the not-so-handsome guys....haha...but the others are not bad...and some of them are even pretty!!...I have some friends that are even prettier than girls!!

Quote:
I heard something about the largest Tesco before i left IPoh....I tot it is located in 'Bang-ka-lan'??? Well I'm not sure about that.....

Last edited by haohao; 16-11-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
haohao is offline   Reply With Quote
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 16-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohao View Post
I heard something about the largest Tesco before i left IPoh....I tot it is located in 'Bang-ka-lan'??? Well I'm not sure about that.....
Yup,it's in Pengkalan,aka 上环十八 in Chinese.The plan WAS to build the largest Tesco in Taiping,but it ended up in Ipoh,somehow.The Taiping one is disappointingly small ...

Last edited by The Myth; 16-11-2008 at 11:07 PM.
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#10 Old 24-11-2008 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Well, being an Ipoh guy, I guess I can't just skip this thread.

Basically, my whole life has been in Perak. Studied in St. Michael's Institution, Ipoh, and now in Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Tronoh. So, for those who would like to tease me, yes, I am indeed a very homely boy, for until now I am still so near home, while my university mates would often be envious about how often I could go home every week, to the extent of forming a make-believe society called PBSM - Persatuan Balik Setiap Minggu.

Anyway, let's not digress any further. Yes, the state of Perak has produced some of the nation's top leaders and famous celebrities, such as Datuk Seri Dr. Lim Keng Yaik, Patrick Teoh (if you don't know who he is, go and Google it), Michelle Yeoh, the famous cartoonist Lat, etc. For that, we can be quite proud of Perak.

No doubt the capital city of Perak is Ipoh (I hope nobody would want to challenge this - yes, Taiping was the capital city of Perak), and the city is infamous for good food, smooth flow of traffic (although traffic congestion has been quite a norm in recent years), easy-going life, etc.

But my university friends have often complained that Ipoh is such a boring city. And often, with much difficulty, I have to explain that Ipoh is not meant to be like Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru or Penang. In fact, Ipoh is not like any of the three aforementioned cities. It is indeed a "sleeping" city, where the pace of life is definitely slower than that of Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru, but that is what makes Ipoh so special and such an attractive place for senior citizens wanting a more relaxed life, but still want to be living in a city. (Of course, not all senior citizens want such a relaxed life - some people prefer the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur.)

I am indeed proud that the Sultan of Perak, His Majesty Sultan Azlan Shah, is a very people-friendly sultan. I had met him during my regular jogs at the Polo Ground quite a few times, and he would even have a chat with the people. He would greet the people politely, and it is not unusual to see him walking or jogging with the people. He dresses up in his sports attire just like any ordinary citizen, and is happy with his own pace.

With a sultan who is so knowledgeable in the field of law, he is also a leader who knows how to administer justice.

I am not here to blow the horn of the Perak state, nor am I here to blow my own horn. There are definitely quite a number of shortcomings that the state is facing, but generally, I like Ipoh as how it is today.