ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Jpa 2009

Closed Thread

malaysia
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 01-03-2009 Default Jpa 2009

I have read in the local newspapers that the form is now out, can anyone find it yet?
d3stinydanc3withm3 Male
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 01-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

http://www.jpa.gov.my/2009/03/1019/

check it out..
It says, application START from official spm 2008 result release date. Application CLOSES after 7 days.
Hope it helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d3stinydanc3withm3 For This Useful Post:
music_freak28

#3 Old 01-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Ah, this really brings back memories.

Good luck people! I hope you can get the course you want and come join the Intec community
wcv Female
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 01-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

IS IT TRUE that over 10,000 SPM holders are applying each year? I read from newspaper saying that only around 2,000 will get it!IT is rather very competitive, is it?

Another question: Is it mean that if I apply for the hot courses such as medicine or dentistry,my chances of getting the scholarship will be lower than i apply for those "not-hot" courses such as finance or commerce? Can anyone clear this myth for me? I really BLURRED by this statement given from my senior......

Anyway,does anyone know when will the 2008 SPM result being released?I try to find out but in vain...anyone know,please inform.Thank you.
aliear
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 01-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaysia View Post
I have read in the local newspapers that the form is now out, can anyone find it yet?
if you want to know bout jpa scholarship you can log on to mara.gov.my . it tells you about mara n jpa scholarship combined. i already checked in jpa n they dont hv this. they also tell u bout wat course to which country under which scholarship. hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcv View Post
IS IT TRUE that over 10,000 SPM holders are applying each year? I read from newspaper saying that only around 2,000 will get it!IT is rather very competitive, is it?

Another question: Is it mean that if I apply for the hot courses such as medicine or dentistry,my chances of getting the scholarship will be lower than i apply for those "not-hot" courses such as finance or commerce? Can anyone clear this myth for me? I really BLURRED by this statement given from my senior......

Anyway,does anyone know when will the 2008 SPM result being released?I try to find out but in vain...anyone know,please inform.Thank you.
i cannot justify whether ur theory is true or not. but i advice u to take e course u like. not bcse of e scholarship. n plus, they giv out a lot of medic n dentistry scholarship especially if u apply fr mara. jpa also gives a decent amount. but i can tell u that they have ratio fr certain courses like architecture. they only have about 25 students to intec last year. but they also send some architecture students to kbu. but ive got to tell u e no. is not much when u compare to other courses. to me, the chances are almost the same. hope this helps!

Last edited by aliear; 01-03-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to aliear For This Useful Post:
davidchak

#6 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Your theory is abit true

Its that time of the year again huh!
xellos Male
Slightly Senior Member

#7 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

aliear was absolutely right. Don't choose course that you don't like course you think there is higher chances of getting the scholarship. Scholarship is only tenable, lets say about 5 years, but think about the 10-15 years after your graduation.

Waking up everyday doing something that you don't like. Too late to be sorry
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xellos For This Useful Post:
passOUT
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

The comments by alier and xellos are sooooooooooo true.

No point doing something you might regret in the future. Besides, not getting a scholarship from either JPA, MARA, BNM et cetera is not the end of the world.

Remember the poem The Road Not Taken? Each path will lead you into a different destiny. And this is the case...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passOUT For This Useful Post:
luminodreamer89

#9 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

I totally agree with what xellos and passOUT said.
The best thing in life always come in an unexpected way. You never know that one day, u might even achieve something you have never thought about it before.
But, still wish u all the best in obtaining this scholarship..haha
The Following User Says Thank You to luminodreamer89 For This Useful Post:
clep Female

#10 Old 03-03-2009 Default Re: Jpa 2009

Don't forget to look for other scholarships too, JPA is not the be all end all
The Following User Says Thank You to clep For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread