ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Window to the World

Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

Will anyone try this with our SPM/STPM?

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#41 Old 13-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidboy View Post
You should try to get all the answers wrong for your quiz as well.
It'll be even more impressive to give the exact opposite of the correct answer at the quizzes

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Tangiers Male
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 17-06-2008 Default

Anyone who dares to do what this thread suggests shouldn't be hired by any employer ever.

Case in point: Remember Bradford Cohen from Apprentice 2 who was summarily fired by Donald Trump for proudly waiving his immunity?

Enough said.
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#43 Old 17-06-2008 Default

I think a lot of people who post stuff like "this guy sucks", "this guy is a total loser" and other similar messages condemning the user, didn't actually go to the link and read.

If anyone of you bothered to read, the person who did it has finished university quite some time before attempting this, and probably even has his own job and earning his own money now. It's his own money, he wants to pay to take SATs to try this stunt, so what the hell is wrong with that?

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
extreme Male
Less Junior Member

#44 Old 17-06-2008 Smile

actually i tried this accidently while taking my secondary monthly test. my question sheet most of it corect answer but in my answer sheet i blacken the opposite letter A=D. haha
by the way can you give a new link i can't access the link you give.
3. Don?t say inside, what you cannot say outside.
4. Don?t say unless it is true, useful or kind.

Somewhere, somehow

Last edited by extreme; 17-06-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
aitheng Female
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 17-06-2008 Default

hurm, i don think i dare to do it in my spm. spm means a lot to me.
i really salute those who dare do that in spm or stpm.
(wonder will there b any awards for case like this)

i think i'l try to do it in a monthly test.

agree with see hua, that we need to b a genuis to choose all exact opposite answers.
that person must be alert too bcos we human tend to choose the correct, logic answers.

#46 Old 17-06-2008 Default

Erm..this is interesting ..in the era where an A1 means nothing great..maybe we should try this thing. I think if i did it, my parents would get a heart attack like any other parent would do. But i think I will get a heart attack if i get at least 1 lulus or maybe crazy enough an A!!! due to computer / human error! IMAGINE THAT!!! Wahaha
The Student
Administrator

#47 Old 17-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
I think a lot of people who post stuff like "this guy sucks", "this guy is a total loser" and other similar messages condemning the user, didn't actually go to the link and read.

If anyone of you bothered to read, the person who did it has finished university quite some time before attempting this, and probably even has his own job and earning his own money now. It's his own money, he wants to pay to take SATs to try this stunt, so what the hell is wrong with that?
shows just how many people liked to just jump directly into the discussion without knowing what it is about ;)

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Tangiers Male
Super Junior Member

#48 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Hi everyone,

Referring to my previous post,
Quote:
Anyone who dares to do what this thread suggests shouldn't be hired by any employer ever.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the scathing remark. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. But then again, my remark specifically referred to employers' hiring decisions. I did not suggest that anyone who can afford to do so are in any way inferior. If for example, Donald Trump himself wants to fail the SAT, then by all means, he can do so; he does not derive his sense of self-worth from others.

Perhaps I'm being too critical due to my frustration. I'm frustrated that such ideas merit being discussed in ReCom, especially concerning SPM/STPM. We all know very well that SPM and STPM are nowhere as transparent as SAT. We will never get detailed reports on our failures as shown by the link. For all we know, we could just leave everything blank and still achieve total failure, unlike SAT. In that case, what's the point?

And ultimately, even with all the research and meticulous execution, what is the fruit of the labour? Just for the laughs? I find it hardly amusing.

Just my two cents. In my humble opinion, we should just put this foolish endeavour (concerning SPM/STPM, not necessarily SAT) to rest. I'm truly sorry if I offend anyone while voicing my views; my reaction may be too intense for its own good. But I'm not sorry for voicing out good intentions, albeit in an uncouth manner.

Cheers.

PS: I managed to get exactly 40 (a Pass by my school's standard) in a normal Maths test during Form 6, not in purpose though. You should check the teacher's reaction out as I never did anywhere near that bad before. A good student answering all answers in the exact opposite should be worth the principal's attention maybe?
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#49 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Hi Tangiers, cheers. You might have have perceived the whole thing as ridiculous, juvenile, pompous and all; while the rest of us might have just seen it as yet another "Ripley's believe it or not" entertainment. I believe none of us really wants to do that in our own exams, so you shouldn't have to concern about people attempting this.

youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
yeng Female
Less Junior Member

#50 Old 24-06-2008 Default

jus like young yew had said, no STUDENT will do this ridiculous things. but the man is nit a STUDENT, which he do not have any constrain.
he wants to prove that answering every question wrong can get lower marks than leave the paper blank, which in SPM and STPM, we could not prove it because only grades but not marks are printed on the result slip.
btw, a person can answer every question wrongly is more "geng" than get all correct because he have to get the correct ans before he answer wrongly.
yeng is offline   Reply With Quote