ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

IMU

niknasir
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 20-03-2007 Default IMU

i am at INTEC doing ausmat bound to Aussie next year for Medic course but it is learnt that quite tough to enroll Aussie U. Can somenone let me know can I apply to IMU by using my semester result as a tentatative result for applying IMU for febuary intake 2008 and when IMU open it's application and when it's due date for febuary 2008 intake
niknasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Zoe
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 31-03-2007 Default

I think you can, because on the form, there's a box for you to tick wheter its actual or forecast. You can probably start applying after Imu's sept intake.

Anyway, for more info, try:

http://www.imu.edu.my/<br /> <br />...<br /> <br />
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#3 Old 04-06-2007 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknasir
i am at INTEC doing ausmat bound to Aussie next year for Medic course but it is learnt that quite tough to enroll Aussie U. Can somenone let me know can I apply to IMU by using my semester result as a tentatative result for applying IMU for febuary intake 2008 and when IMU open it's application and when it's due date for febuary 2008 intake
Hi,

I am actually a senior of you then!! haha... was an AUSMATian 17.. ask Mdm Gouri, Pn. Azani or Pn. Syarmila.. they might remember me though.. well, I did AUSMAT, supposedly bound to NZ as well last time, but now i'm in IMU.. yes it is quite tough to get into aussie unis though. quite a number of my friends here actually didn't get offer from the unis in aussie.. about 20 Ausmat 17 here in my batch..

regarding your question, you dont need to worry about your application first. i'm not sure if the application has been opened yet. not so fast i think. it should be somewhere in Aug. but please do check out the IMU's website from time to time. the closing date is normally at the end of november( last year was 30th of Nov). ask puan haliza (if she's still the head of programme) for your forecast results. they would normally take your mid-year results as forecast results. (that's what happened to me last time) i did use my forecast results to apply. there'll be a check list provided from imu's website, got through it and get everything done. u have to do a blood test for hep B. just go to the clinic near cemara and pay bout 15 bucks to get it done. it'll take bout 3 to 4 days for the results to be ready.

when you have all the forms and documents ready, send them to IMU.. and wait for their call to arrange your interview time..

please do let me know if you need tips for the interview though.
jingguo is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#4 Old 04-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
I think you can, because on the form, there's a box for you to tick wheter its actual or forecast. You can probably start applying after Imu's sept intake.

Anyway, for more info, try:

http://www.imu.edu.my/<br /> <br />...<br /> <br />
well, i'm not sure where you've got this statement from. but sorry to say i don't think i can confirm it in anyway.

but what i would like to say is this : if they do not recognise their own certs? why would they be giving them out in the first place?

well good luck in coming to IMU. enjoy the orientation!!!! its gonna be SOOOOOOO fun!!!!! =)

btw, i'm in IMU now... haha... hope to meet u soon..
day_dreamer Male
Slightly Senior Member

#5 Old 07-06-2007 Default

Excuse me .. Is IMU medicine accepted in Singapore ?? I mean are doctors from IMU allowed to practise in Singapore ??
day_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#6 Old 07-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_dreamer
Excuse me .. Is IMU medicine accepted in Singapore ?? I mean are doctors from IMU allowed to practise in Singapore ??
erm.. i'm not sure on this.. but according to IMU's prospectus here's what it has to say..

IMU MBBS medical programme is recognised by the Sri lanka medical council and the degree is listen in the world health organisation directory of medical school.

the medical partner medical schools wil award degrees to students in their respective training programmes. degrees from these schools are recognised internationally and locally by the malaysia medical council for full registration..

so i suppose of you do IMU's twinning programme, you can work in singapore.. but if you did it locally then you can't.. i think...
jingguo Male

#7 Old 07-06-2007 Default

hi all, for those who are/ will be coming to IMU, there's just an info i wanna share.. in the latest news, university of calgary, canada will no longer be a partner medical school. this is because the canadian gov wanted the uni to increase the number of intakes of their own local students due to the reason that the country is short of local doctors... so they will only accept IMU students till this current semester one batch (i.e. my batch).. so any batch later than mine would no longer can twin to uni of calgary...
jane_gun
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 08-06-2007 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Hehe, I was supposed to do AUSMAT in INTEC too after my SPM 2003 but back then, we had the option to "gantung" our pre-U (I still don't like how JPA call us "pelajar gantung" - makes us sound like we got suspended or something)... Anyway, try to keep a positive attitude - Aus unis ain't all that hard to enter... Plus, you're doing AUSMAT which is so much easier compared to some other Pre-U courses like A-Levels or STPM - at least, that's what my juniors from INTEC told me... All the best in getting into med school, whichever that may be! ^_^
jane_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#9 Old 08-06-2007 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_gun
Quote:
Hehe, I was supposed to do AUSMAT in INTEC too after my SPM 2003 but back then, we had the option to "gantung" our pre-U (I still don't like how JPA call us "pelajar gantung" - makes us sound like we got suspended or something)... Anyway, try to keep a positive attitude - Aus unis ain't all that hard to enter... Plus, you're doing AUSMAT which is so much easier compared to some other Pre-U courses like A-Levels or STPM - at least, that's what my juniors from INTEC told me... All the best in getting into med school, whichever that may be! ^_^

what do you mean by gantung pre-u?? means you can opt not to do it??? AUSMAT's curriculum ain't as elaborate as other courses so it is definitely much simpler in terms of curriculum.. but the assignments realtive to those subjects are the killers...
nurulanne
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 22-06-2007 Default

Hi...same as nik nasir...i oso learnt that it is difficult to get a place for medic in NZ as well...i am currently taking my a level here in taylors college under the jpa scholarships and will b finishing around nov 07..
so,if let say we didint get a place in Nz/aussie uni,but we still pass the cut off point,what will jpa do for us? or should we try to apply to imu earlier?if we go to imu...will jpa pay the house rental fees for us? OMG,i m so sorry that i hav lots of Q's here..could someone halp to ans me..
nurulanne is offline   Reply With Quote