ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Sports Bar

ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

kaze
Less Junior Member

#11 Old 03-11-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman90 View Post
Yay! Finally a response from someone other than Foxy or me!
FYI, I was lurking on this thread for a while But I haven't watch any football matches since..... a few years ago? So, I don't really have anything to say but it's still good to be able to know what happened this season thru your posts.
Less Junior Member

#12 Old 08-11-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Quote:
Yay! Finally a response from someone other than Foxy or me!

6-1 seems to be a one-off, like Spurs 4 Liverpool 0, Arsenal's 5-3 or Arsenal's 2-8, unlikely to happen any time soon, since there were a bunch of other circumstances in it. Though City have yet to meet any of the other top teams, so it'd be interesting to see how that pans out.
LOL! I think it's because most of us are having finals now!

Yea, it's true but I just feel that they should perform better than that. hahaha MC is still 5 points ahead of MU! *fingers crossed*
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#13 Old 20-11-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

united are in transition i think, it may take a season to really get the team to gel completely and be capable of the Barca-esque play seen at the start of the season, though its no coincidence that the teamsheet was almost completely devoid of the senior figures for the first few matches. the older players seem to play with a bit of baggage, maybe its the hangover from the successive Barcelona defeats? with a team of rooney hernandez park/carrick/fletcher/anderson/giggs valencia evra vidic ferdinand rafael/fabio, united seem to play route one football without nearly as much swagger as in the years of the tevez-rooney-ronaldo trinity. its usually get the ball out wide to valencia or giggs and whip a cross in. kinda frustrating to watch at times
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#14 Old 22-11-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Talking points:

1) Chelsea's uhh... "defending".

2) CAN NOBODY STOP MAN CITY?!?!?!

3) Who do you think will be the first managerial casualty this season?

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
FoxyWoxy25 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#15 Old 13-12-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Hello, we stopped Man City
ReMag Writer

#16 Old 13-12-2011 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Congratulations! That win BLEW THE TITLE RACE WIDE OPEN and LIFTED THE PLAYER'S SPIRITS. Football cliches, bah. Did they run to AVB to celebrate when they scored? If they didn't, did he burst into tears?

jessica9310 Female
Less Junior Member

#17 Old 02-01-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Ohh yeaaa, what should I say now?!! THANKS A LOT Sunderland, you did a great job! LOL!!

#18 Old 03-01-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

everyone gets upbeat everytime a big team loses.to stay big, you have to win and not just win matches, but win cups. Man city only won 1 and everyone are already talking about how great a team this is.

True they are great but they are not unbeatable. teams can go for an unbeaten run of 10, 20, 50 matches but in the end, they will have to lose.

ok, just for the record,

Man City came close to winning 2 cups in 2011.

FA Cup and the Community Shield.

They lost the Community Shield, only qualified for UEFA cup, still number 1 in EPL(barely) and everyone is already talking about how they will be the team to beat. Im just sayin'.. this team is only good for another 1-2 years before the young devils hatch from their eggs and beat the world with their aggressive and fast play movement. You can make up the future of United by now :

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Nani, Cleverly, Young, Macheda, Rooney, Welbeck

they still have Gibson, Valencia, de Laet, Chicharito, Lindegaard.. etc on the bench.

Should United not win anything this season, they will only bounce back stronger next year.

Becuz that's what champions do. PLUS, Fergie says he has 3 more years left in him.
The lads will surely want to give Fergie something special at the end of his tenure.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#19 Old 03-01-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

I know it's a figure of speech, but the "devils hatch from eggs" bit made me chuckle.

Errr-thang's gone topsy-turvy as smaller teams are beating them bigger ones.

As for Man City being referred to as a great team, I believe it's more to do with their personnel, rather than their title-winning prowess or... history (like Liverpool). They're "the team to beat" for the simple reason that they're top of the league and lost the fewest matches (before Sunderland). If Arsenal were top, City wouldn't be the team to beat anymore, would they?

United's young players are good but so, so fragile. Sort out those Brazilian twins first. The rest are pretty much fluke injuries. Still, can't over-hype them. Tom Cleverley is not the saviour.

So how 'bout Spurs, y'all?

senksiang90 Male

#20 Old 04-01-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Quote:
I know it's a figure of speech, but the "devils hatch from eggs" bit made me chuckle.

Errr-thang's gone topsy-turvy as smaller teams are beating them bigger ones.

As for Man City being referred to as a great team, I believe it's more to do with their personnel, rather than their title-winning prowess or... history (like Liverpool). They're "the team to beat" for the simple reason that they're top of the league and lost the fewest matches (before Sunderland). If Arsenal were top, City wouldn't be the team to beat anymore, would they?

United's young players are good but so, so fragile. Sort out those Brazilian twins first. The rest are pretty much fluke injuries. Still, can't over-hype them. Tom Cleverley is not the saviour.

So how 'bout Spurs, y'all?
Spurs are having just 'one of those runs' like Newcastle did...

Cleverly is easily spotted as the 'Clever' one. He will make the headlines soon. As for Rafa and Fabio, they tend to give away silly fouls during crucial moments and if that isn't silly enough, i dunno what is.

Anyway, you can say all you want about United youngsters but the results they are getting is just an indicator of what this team can do in a season. Imagine, this season alone, so many youngsters were given a premier league debut have been a quite a regular eleven, yet they are second just to Man City.

If this young team can finish second in their debut season, who knows what they can go and achieve for the next few.

All i can say is just stay tune and find out..

As for man city, nah.. they are never the team to beat unless they win the premier league. if arsenal were top, they are also not the team to beat until they become champions once more. Man United is the real team to beat. They are still the champions, still in contention and still running strong despite the departure of G. Neville and Scholes.

Waddya think?

Dont you agree that every other clubs supporters just HATES man united? hahhahaa..