ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Sports Bar

ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#31 Old 18-02-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

As with most Premier League clubs, Liverpool have their days, yes. They, however, also have their off-days, as seen against Norwich/Swansea/(insert EPL minnow here).

Also, United and Citeh have been conceding goals, and so have Chelsea and Arsenal. Liverpool, maybe not so much, but they've hardly been scoring as well as the other big teams, have they? 0-0s galore.

As per Foxy's comment on the Liverpool-United game, read about it here http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/...ound-spearing/ he's right, playing Spearing was quite pointless, as was Kenny's strange choice of playing Jamie Carragher as a holding midfielder in the FA Cup game against the same opponents. Andrea Pirlo he is not.

I haven't even heard of this Suso kid. Is it a nickname or sumfing? I doubt Sterling will get a game, even with Lucas out. For some reason or other, Henderson, Spearing, and even the prematurely-balding Shelvey are the back-ups for the DM role, when it isn't filled by Charlie Adam. Liverpool's youngsters aren't bad, but they've better players ahead of them. Would you pick Coady ahead of Coates? Or even Carragher? The best hope for young players is (as usual), the Carling Cup. Or as a late late sub against an EPL minnow.

Plenty of C's there in my last two sentences, huzzah!

Last edited by Dman90; 18-02-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#32 Old 15-04-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

What up, hombres?

LET'S START SOME BANTERRRRRR #banta #bantz #bantasaurus #bantaclaus

nicholas93 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#33 Old 24-04-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

even paul scholes can't stop this implosion. we need cantona! or failing that ronaldo.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#34 Old 25-04-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Or, y'know, Vidic.
ReMag Writer

#35 Old 25-04-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

di matteo is a damn good manager. always liked his west brom. we hardly see anymore defensive masterclasses against barcelona anymore, so hats off to chelsea! like mourinho before him and fergie before him, rdm did a superb job of organising the defence and midfield to stay compact and stifle messi and co
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#36 Old 30-04-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

I think it's rather amusing how Chelsea's performances seem to improve greatly under an interim manager. Aside from Mourinho and Ancelotti prior to Ray Wilkin's dismissal, no other permanent manager is able to coax the team into a winning side.

I believe it's due to the new managers trying to implement a completely new system into an already solid core. Mourinho is to blame - the core of the team has played under Mourinho and knows exactly how to win games. He basically set up the blueprints for a successful team, and tinkering with that system causes problems with the players. Even Ancelotti couldn't introduce his favourite 4-1-2-1-2, only getting good results, and winning the league and FA Cup double, after reverting back to the 4-3-3.

What Di Matteo, and Grant and Hiddink before him, did was to basically use Mourinho's tactics. There's no point getting the players to play in any other way. Against Barca, he basically employed the same tactics that Inter under Mourinho used a couple seasons ago to defeat Barca. 9 men behind the ball, 1 up top. Quick wingers and midfielders attempt to counter and hope Lady Luck shines. When we went a man down, it was Drogba on the wing, like Milito did. It's ugly tactics, but there's no point playing Barca any other way.

UP THE CHELS!
ReMag Writer

#37 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

well it's official. this united team isn't good enough. at least not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWoxy25 View Post
I think it's rather amusing how Chelsea's performances seem to improve greatly under an interim manager. Aside from Mourinho and Ancelotti prior to Ray Wilkin's dismissal, no other permanent manager is able to coax the team into a winning side.

I believe it's due to the new managers trying to implement a completely new system into an already solid core. Mourinho is to blame - the core of the team has played under Mourinho and knows exactly how to win games. He basically set up the blueprints for a successful team, and tinkering with that system causes problems with the players. Even Ancelotti couldn't introduce his favourite 4-1-2-1-2, only getting good results, and winning the league and FA Cup double, after reverting back to the 4-3-3.

What Di Matteo, and Grant and Hiddink before him, did was to basically use Mourinho's tactics. There's no point getting the players to play in any other way. Against Barca, he basically employed the same tactics that Inter under Mourinho used a couple seasons ago to defeat Barca. 9 men behind the ball, 1 up top. Quick wingers and midfielders attempt to counter and hope Lady Luck shines. When we went a man down, it was Drogba on the wing, like Milito did. It's ugly tactics, but there's no point playing Barca any other way.

UP THE CHELS!
and so the shadow of mourinho's legacy still looms large. i think the reason why new systems brought in by different coaches don't work because it takes some time for the players to grown into their new roles, which is pretty hard with abramovich so trigger happy

#38 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

but it's getting really exciting, 2 matches left and top 2 tied on points... awesome
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#39 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Picks for relegation?

nicholas93 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#40 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: English Premier League 2011/2012 Thread.

Rangers and Rovers cause I like Roberto Martinez and Owen Coyle. But looking at the remaining fixtures I'd have to say Blackburn and QPR are getting the chop.

Man United's collapse is probably on par with Newcastle's in '96. Still crossing my fingers though!