ReCom.org
ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

Euro 2012!

Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#11 Old 15-06-2012 Default Re: Euro 2012!

Been impressed with Germany ever since I saw their lineup in the last world cup. And I think their lineup was relatively newer back then, hope they win this one.
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#12 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Euro 2012!

Oh, Nickvl (and the rest of y'all) thank you for the response! Brings a tear to me eye. :')

Have to agree, it isn't easy keeping up with footy when you're overseas, (particularly if you're in Australia, or the USA), so I feel for you. I've managed to catch pretty much 2/3 of the games, and highlights are on permanent loop on a dedicated channel. Astro, lap o' luxury.

And YEZ, baffling how the Germans have done all this without needing to use Mario Goetze or even Miroslav Klose, such strength in depth.

Top scorer predictions?

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
adele123 Female

#13 Old 19-06-2012 Default Re: Euro 2012!

because GERMANS are AWESOME...

everytime they come out they look like they can contend for the title... btw, klose old lo...

and i swear i would have went for RVP for top scorer prior to the start of the tournament, just because i am an arsenal fan, though i understand club and country performance not correlated... but oh well, sad to see a lousy tournament for the Dutch
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#14 Old 20-06-2012 Default Re: Euro 2012!

Time difference here is actually optimal for watching matches. Germans are usually pretty earnest and quiet but man, are they crazy about football. My friends had people knocking on their door asking why are they asleep when they should be out celebrating. Oh and I've been 'forced' (accidentally made to promise) that I would watch the finals.

Germany vs Greece would be interesting, what with the euro crisis and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
I'm a ReComer who doesn't follow football. I don't know why, but I just ain't interested in seeing 22 guys after a single ball.
Someone told me the other day she didn't see the point of people kicking the ball away only to start running towards it again to be able to kick it further away from them to start the whole process again
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#15 Old 22-06-2012 Default Re: Euro 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele123 View Post
everytime they come out they look like they can contend for the title... btw, klose old lo...
Ah, but Klose is Germany's second highest goalscorer (averaging just about a goal every two games), behind the legendary Gerd Mueller. Even last season, he had 16 in 33 games for Lazio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvl View Post
Germany vs Greece would be interesting, what with the euro crisis and all.
Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Greece: Group o' Debt. Merkel's gonna attend the game woohooooooo

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote