ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Sports Bar

ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

Castle's training log cycle 1 (NPAD DUP Program-November 2016-6 weeks)

castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#1 Old 08-11-2016 Default Castle's training log cycle 1 (NPAD DUP Program-November 2016-6 weeks)

So, since the last main post of my training history, I've gotten 1 reply. LOL. I did not expect that but cool beans. I've been putting off making training logs simply because I wasn't done tweaking my program. The program would tweak almost every week for something, be it volume, exercise selection, exercise variations, intensity, etc. It went through 4 iterations until I was satisfied with its current form. My goal with the program was to make something I can follow indefinitely until I reach an advanced level of strength. Some arbitrary number where I reach that level is 180kg squat, 220kg deadlift and 120 bench all while maintaining bodyweight of 75kg. I love this weight class, it's really competitive here in Malaysia. Currently it seems like that is a far away place but I believe at the rate I'm going I can get there in 2-3 years. So basically, I want to run this program for at least another 2 years. After which I think I will move on to something different and not as high frequency as this one. The program itself is here, feel free to use it but if you sell it as your own, well, it will upset me:

My own damn program

Onwards with the log. Since I can't get this thing to not automerge, I'll just use the OP to log the entire cycle as I go through it. This will be a damn huge OP. Mod please help if you're here. I'd rather record each day as a reply to the OP tbh. I will be recording the main lifts and not focus on accessories too much.
Notations will be weight X sets X reps

Week 1 Day 1 (7 November 2016)

Squat (Lowbar) 95kg x 5 x 4
- RPE on this one was probably around 8. It wasn't difficult but I kept getting out of breath. I feel like I was out of shape though the weight felt light and moved really fast. Shows my conditioning is shit.

Manpon Press 70kg x 5 x 5
- Great pressing session. Weights moved fast. Each set felt like I had at least another 1 rep left in the tank.

Deadlift (complete reset) 125kg x 3 x 3
- Form was not the best on this session as I am still getting used to the cue to rock the hips back. Felt some rounding on the lumbar, not good. RPE was maybe 8. Got it done but wasn't as satisfied.

Accessories.
- Did Kroc rows 40kg and DB bench press 30kg. Just some fluff and buff to work on the chest muscle. Did some abwheel half-assedly. Man I was beat by the end of the session.

Last edited by castle; 08-11-2016 at 11:01 AM.
castle is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 09-11-2016 Default Re: Castle's training log cycle 1 (NPAD DUP Program-November 2016-6 weeks)

Week 1 Day 2 (8 November 2016)

Edit: Allelluia! No more damn automerge.

Speed Squat (Lowbar) 100kg x 6 x 2
- Speed squats baby. This was a fun session. Rest time was limited to 50 seconds. 100kg was spot on, weight moved fast, wasn't out of breath and no form breakdown. RPE was 7.

Bench Press (Paused) 65kg x 5 x 3
- Bench felt great this session as well. Each rep was paused a good 2-3 seconds on the chest and the weights moved very fast without any form breakdown. The heavy dumbbell bench presses I've been doing really helped with my weakness in off the chest strength. RPE was around 8.

Deficit Deadlift (Touch and go) 110kg x 3 x 5 AMRAP
- Great deadlift session as well. The goal for deficit is to hammer off the floor weakness I've been having. I haven't had any problem with lockout once it reaches my knees. This session I AMRAP the last set with 7.5 reps. Failed the 8th rep, maybe because I forgot to put on my belt on that last set. Stupid. RPE was probably around 8. I really gotta get my conditioning up. I can't seem to stand any sets with more than 3 reps. Hopefully by week 3 my body will get used to the workload, if not I'll add a conditioning day on the weekends. God I hate doing conditioning.

Accessories.
- Did some skullcrusher and curls with the EZ curl bar loaded with 10 kg. I did 3 x 10 I think. Then I did suitcase isometric hold with 30kg dumbbell strapless. My hands were killing me but it was alright. Obliques are fried. Did 3 sets of 30 seconds holds on each side.

Last edited by castle; 09-11-2016 at 08:23 AM.
castle is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 11-11-2016 Default Re: Castle's training log cycle 1 (NPAD DUP Program-November 2016-6 weeks)

Week 1 Day 3 (10 November 2016)

Squat (High bar) 85kg x 4 x 5
- High bar. I hate high bar. I love the fact that it trains my quads and promotes a more upright squat but it's just so bloody painful. My right calf was screaming at me to stop I had to roll it out with the foam roller between sets. Hopefully it'll get better because I really don't wanna do front squats. Last time I did high bar my right calf was pulled and I couldn't walk for days. I hate high bar. RPE was at "why do I do this to myself" level.

Bench Press 60kg x 5 x 5 AMRAP
- This was volume session for bench. 60kg felt really solid. I can feel my technique is getting better. No deviations in bar path and I was able to maintain similar speed throughout. AMRAP set I achieved 10 reps. Light weight baby.

Deadlift (complete reset) 115kg x 10 x 1
- What what? 10 sets of singles? Yeah you read that right. This is speed/technique session for deadlift. I wanted to get more practice in, without killing my CNS. 10 singles with 30 seconds rests in between was the answer. Weight moved very fast indeed. Getting my form dialed in. RPE was maybe just a 7.

Accessories.
- Did light DB (26kg) bench press for 3x10 and barbell rows (70kg) for 3x8. Skipped ab work because I was just lazy. I'll try to up the weights next week.
Slightly Senior Member

#4 Old 14-11-2016 Default Re: Castle's training log cycle 1 (NPAD DUP Program-November 2016-6 weeks)

Week 1 Day 4 (11 November 2016)

Squat (Low bar) 110kg x 3 x 2
- Heavy a.k.a. high intensity squat day. Was supposed to do 107.5kg but body felt great on this day so decided to do 110kg. Weight was heavy as usual but it moved fairly smoothly. The speed was ok, as expected of a heavy load. Form was nice. Current stance feel really awesome, the slightly wider than shoulder with toes pointed forward stance. Moved my hands about an inch towards myself and I found it to keep my upper back a little bit tighter. Gonna keep doing that from now on. One thing to note was the slight shift in the weight balance towards my toes on some reps, which suggest that flat shoes might not be very suitable no more. Overall, great sesh. RPE was 8.5.

Bench Press 65kg x 3 x 3, 70kg x 2 x 3
- Also heavy bench day. Competition paused bench on this day. Nothing much to say really, weight moved very easily and very quickly. I might have programmed my max a bit too light this cycle but it's too early to say that. I'll see how I feel on week 4. But yeah, RPE was 7. I know I had at least another 3-4 reps in each set.

Deadlift (complete reset) 115kg x 3 x 5 AMRAP
- I did volume deadlift on this day. Still quite light weight because we're at the start of the program, but it kicked my ass nonetheless. Last set I managed to get 8 reps in. Overall great deadlift sesh as well.

Accessories.
- I did neutral grip pullups on this day. Surprisingly, it's getting better. I can do 5 reps with relative ease now. Woohoo! Progress! Did 3 x 5 on this session. Then I did some tricep extension and curls. Gotta do them arms man.