ReCom.org
ReCom Sports Bar Talk about your favorite sports here

The Official Tennis Thread

aea91 Male

#51 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicolor View Post
How about Samantha Stosur? She's an Australian right?
my bad, i mean Australian in the men's singles category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce_limyp View Post
shouldnt be much problem to him as he's not seeded, so not pressured to perform. and he's too used to being the only australian man carrying the nation's challenge. and grass court suits him best, he was the champion for year '02.
yes indeed. i rmb Hewitt beat David Nalbandian in 2002's final. Glad to see another fellow passionate tennis fan.
aea91 is offline   Reply With Quote
joyce_limyp Female
Less Junior Member

#52 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

although i'm a fan of nadal, i've noticed that each time when he loses, after that he'll be 'injured', skipping the next tournament. i feel its somewhat an excuse, ive seen the pattern. right after he lost at 4th round french open to soderling, i could sense he'll be blaming it on injury, and i told my friend that he'll somehow skip the next tournament. true enough he skipped pre-wimbledon and wimbledon too. it seems he's looking for excuses always. what do u all think?
joyce_limyp is offline   Reply With Quote
technicolor Male

#53 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
although i'm a fan of nadal, i've noticed that each time when he loses, after that he'll be 'injured', skipping the next tournament. i feel its somewhat an excuse, ive seen the pattern. right after he lost at 4th round french open to soderling, i could sense he'll be blaming it on injury, and i told my friend that he'll somehow skip the next tournament. true enough he skipped pre-wimbledon and wimbledon too. it seems he's looking for excuses always. what do u all think?
Gosh, me also thinks the same!

Exactly the same!

But, I think it's not a very wise decision from him because by skipping pre-wimby and wimby, that automatically declares he's gonna lose his number one title to either Murray or Federer. Yeah, he still have chance to stay at the first rank, if only both of them failed to reach certain rounds, but it's almost impossible to see both Murray and Federer knocked out in early rounds.

and at once I knew,
I was not magnificent.
technicolor is offline   Reply With Quote
aea91 Male

#54 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
although i'm a fan of nadal, i've noticed that each time when he loses, after that he'll be 'injured', skipping the next tournament. I feel its somewhat an excuse, ive seen the pattern. Right after he lost at 4th round french open to soderling, i could sense he'll be blaming it on injury, and i told my friend that he'll somehow skip the next tournament. True enough he skipped pre-wimbledon and wimbledon too. It seems he's looking for excuses always. What do u all think?
agreed!
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#55 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
But isn't it possible that after he loses a tournament he would push himself so hard that he injures himself?

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#56 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
But you can't blame him for skipping the next tournament in account of his injuries. After all, his style of playing is such that he will easily injure himself. His powerful serves, his agility and strength somehow do spell disaster for his knees especially.
Less Junior Member

#57 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
But you can't blame him for skipping the next tournament in account of his injuries. After all, his style of playing is such that he will easily injure himself. His powerful serves, his agility and strength somehow do spell disaster for his knees especially.

didnt blame him, but its too often that it became too obvious. judging by what u said, henry yew, i suppose nadal wouldnt be playing good tennis in 2 or 3 years time since injuries often hit him.

and i do find him very arrogant. can you all try naming me men tennis player who always smile on court? i can only think of federer. i realised nadal and murray are always with stern face.
joyce_limyp is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#58 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
and i do find him very arrogant. can you all try naming me men tennis player who always smile on court? i can only think of federer. i realised nadal and murray are always with stern face.
I wouldn't say he's arrogant, every time he beats Federer he still gives Federer full praise, and he toned down his celebration when Federer was crying. I thought he's actually quite kind.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
aea91 Male

#59 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
didnt blame him, but its too often that it became too obvious. judging by what u said, henry yew, i suppose nadal wouldnt be playing good tennis in 2 or 3 years time since injuries often hit him.

you sound anti-nadal. hahaha. while i dont like him as much as i like federer, i hafta admit he's a class above the rest. he's a POWER player. that's why injuries will plague him. look at lin dan(badminton), he's a power player too and that's why you always see lin dan playing with bandages all around his ankles and thighs.
djokovic smiles during tournaments.
technicolor Male

#60 Old 26-06-2009 Default Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Quote:
Can you all try naming me men tennis player who always smile on court? i can only think of federer.
Federer and Djokovic.

Clement, Monfils and Tsonga do smile, but not always.

and at once I knew,
I was not magnificent.
technicolor is offline   Reply With Quote